Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Well, the 15 weeks is approximating! I'd love to leave now but i can't! Plus, yeah it would leave me with more time at the end! All my brothers and cousins in the family have been late, so there's a possibility i might be late, so trying to not have to spend lots of time off without a baby. That being said, i just have to see how i am feeling and if it happens that i'm absolutely exhausted, i might take an extra week or two!

Always go with what feels right for yourself! We are all different. Though the general consensus is first babies for the most part, take their sweet time!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    I was supposed to go to them with my first but couldn't due to an idiotic MIL. I booked the first at 29/30 weeks, the Rotunda were slightly peeved I left it too long but were accommodating. Pity I never turned up :o

Won't be able to go this time at all.

Thanks wolfpawnat :) This is my first and Im with the Rotunda, I'll give them a ring but I'm really not looking forward to getting an ear-bashing! :o My only concern is that it states on the handout I got that it is essential to attend class 1 (18-20 weeks) in order to avail of these classes (29 weeks onwards)....

JD24 wrote: »
    Thanks wolfpawnat :) This is my first and Im with the Rotunda, I'll give them a ring but I'm really not looking forward to getting an ear-bashing! :o My only concern is that it states on the handout I got that it is essential to attend class 1 (18-20 weeks) in order to avail of these classes (29 weeks onwards)....

never went to that, only went to the hospital for the first time at 24 weeks, needless to say they loved that. The Rotunda is good, just be honest and they'll sort something. They can't deny you care. With this being my second and me only being a week behind you, we could end up meeting yet :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭misspumpqueen

Had my scan today, found out for definite its a girl :) she's developing nicely, all her organs are functioning, her heart is pumping away nicely n she's grown a few centimetres :) her feet were in don't of her face, it was so funny to see, n the nurse prodded her n she flattened straight out! Very well behaved! She's so cute! She deff has my nose! 17 weeks until I meet her :-D I'm so proud of her n myself, for being able to develop well n grow strongly :) feeling her kick a lot now which is great :) fun times ahead ;)

Had my scan today, found out for definite its a girl :) she's developing nicely, all her organs are functioning, her heart is pumping away nicely n she's grown a few centimetres :) her feet were in don't of her face, it was so funny to see, n the nurse prodded her n she flattened straight out! Very well behaved! She's so cute! She deff has my nose! 17 weeks until I meet her :-D I'm so proud of her n myself, for being able to develop well n grow strongly :) feeling her kick a lot now which is great :) fun times ahead ;)

So glad you got to see her and that she was behaved and is doing well. My terror was shifting around mad, wouldn't let us do any of the checks for ages. Now the fun part of choosing names and adorable clothes :D xxx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Hi everyone. Great to see everyone's progressing along nicely. We had a well-being scan today which was great. The baby is looking very good. We found out that we're having a boy! Super excited!! :-)
    He was extremely active. He was flipping from his belly onto his back and his hands and legs were moving the whole time. It was so reassuring to see him looking so healthy.
    Wishing you all a very happy Easter. Eat lots of choccie. :-)

vanna wrote: »
    Hi everyone. Great to see everyone's progressing along nicely. We had a well-being scan today which was great. The baby is looking very good. We found out that we're having a boy! Super excited!! :-)
    He was extremely active. He was flipping from his belly onto his back and his hands and legs were moving the whole time. It was so reassuring to see him looking so healthy.
    Wishing you all a very happy Easter. Eat lots of choccie. :-)

Congrats Vanna, glad the little guy is doing well. Like misspumpkinqueen, names and cute clothes time!!! :D It is so scary to think of them growing so fast. My little one was so active too, it is a relief to see them on screen.

Congrats Vanna, glad the little guy is doing well. Like misspumpkinqueen, names and cute clothes time!!! :D It is so scary to think of them growing so fast. My little one was so active too, it is a relief to see them on screen.

Thanks wolfpawnat. It was an amazing experience to see him moving about so much. Roll on July. I can't wait to meet him! Hope all is week with you.
    Have a great weekend. :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

How are all the July mammies doing? I'm 24 weeks now, reality is starting to sink in! I can feel her moving about now, its so strange n surreal! It freaks me out if I dig into the deep science of what's going on in there! Only 3 months approx left in work! Its going to fly in! Have any of you started planning anything yet? :)

loubian wrote: »
    How are all the July mammies doing? I'm 24 weeks now, reality is starting to sink in! I can feel her moving about now, its so strange n surreal! It freaks me out if I dig into the deep science of what's going on in there! Only 3 months approx left in work! Its going to fly in! Have any of you started planning anything yet? :)

25 weeks today for me !!! Cant believe it, the time is flying!

I find the moving strange but surreal too :) So comforting. Kicks are getting strong too!

We've started looking at prams and cots, etc. Only looking though! There is a huge amount of choice out there. :o So far, Im really liking the Mamas & Papas Sola range - really easy to use. I should probably get my skates on at this stage and do a list! Only 15 weeks left which I know is gonna fly!

What I do have is babys going home outfit :) We bought it after the 20 week scan - its so cute!

How is everyone else getting on?

• Advertisement

A little tired these days, but that happens. Chasing a terror of a four year old around too doesn't help :D I got a few bits in Penny's yesterday so I don't feel like I am going to explode out of my clothes anymore, including a few sports crop tops to use as bras. V comfy. I had an incident during the week with boiling tea and my breast is all blisters, so I need something soft and comfy.

24 weeks tomorrow! It's weird but I am so delighted it is so close. I just feel safe knowing it. Loads of movement, keeping me awake sometime the little demon :D!" It is great to know it is doing well and is strong :D

Booked my antenatal classes :) they start in may! it's getting so real girlies!!!!! :)

Booked my antenatal classes :) they start in may! it's getting so real girlies!!!!! :)

I couldn't go with my first fella, and I can't go this time either. :(

Which hospital are you in? I think in holles st they do a one-day course on a saturday? I'm not sure but i think my mum read up about it!

Which hospital are you in? I think in holles st they do a one-day course on a saturday? I'm not sure but i think my mum read up about it!

Rotunda. I have no one to mind my guy for me to go :(

Rotunda. I have no one to mind my guy for me to go :(

If you found one of the one day courses, would a family member not be able to take him for a while? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Found out today I have gestational diabetes. Gonna manage it with diet for a few weeks while testing blood sugar levels before and 1hour after every meal. Hopefully that'll sort it and I won't need insulin. Have to travel to diabetes clinic once a week.

If you found one of the one day courses, would a family member not be able to take him for a while? :)

I would have to send him to nana in Clare. She owes me for missing the last lot to mind her after she busted her hand and hip :D

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Found out today I have gestational diabetes. Gonna manage it with diet for a few weeks while testing blood sugar levels before and 1hour after every meal. Hopefully that'll sort it and I won't need insulin. Have to travel to diabetes clinic once a week.

I had a bit of a scare last week but thankfully the last test came back clear. Hopefully a change of diet will keep yours on the level. It's given me a bit of a kick up the backside and I'll be eating a lot less sweet foods. There are a lot of eating plans online that may help you. Good luck with it. :-)

vanna wrote: »
    I had a bit of a scare last week but thankfully the last test came back clear. Hopefully a change of diet will keep yours on the level. It's given me a bit of a kick up the backside and I'll be eating a lot less sweet foods. There are a lot of eating plans online that may help you. Good luck with it. :-)

could you post where some of the plans are? I too want to change how I'm eating!

• Advertisement

Went for a check up today. My child is the running joke of my medical team now. It never holds still. It is healthy, which is good, but no one is ever able to check on it as it is squirming around the place and kicking everyone. A terror, just like it's brother!!!! :)

nikkibikki - hope the change of diet works for you. Like Vanna said, its a serious kick up the backside and Ill be changing what I eat too! :o

Wolfpawnat, glad to hear everything is going good for you. Had my own check up recently and its always amazing to see the lil miss or man on screen doing their own thing!

26 weeks today! Only 14 left to go! :):):)

Went for a check up today. My child is the running joke of my medical team now. It never holds still. It is healthy, which is good, but no one is ever able to check on it as it is squirming around the place and kicking everyone. A terror, just like it's brother!!!! :)

That's great :) can you feel him/her wriggling around all the time?
    JD24 wrote: »
    nikkibikki - hope the change of diet works for you. Like Vanna said, its a serious kick up the backside and Ill be changing what I eat too! :o

Wolfpawnat, glad to hear everything is going good for you. Had my own check up recently and its always amazing to see the lil miss or man on screen doing their own thing!

26 weeks today! Only 14 left to go! :):):)

it was 14 weeks on sunday to my original due date. The doc is saying i'm 26 weeks but my scan says i'm 25. I could be waiting ages for this baby!!

That's great :) can you feel him/her wriggling around all the time?

Day and night. Constantly!

I was awake until 2 last night because it was moving so much, went to bed then, my son realised I was gone to bed and jumped in next to me, I had one kicking in my belly, and one with his feet on my back :rolleyes:

Can I ask you ladies a question? My original due date was 13th July so seeing that you had to take mat leave at least two weeks before, i was aiming to finish around 28th june. Now my due date (per scan) is saying 22nd/23rd July. I know that if you take your mat leave after 1st july, you will be taxed. There's a week in the difference, but taking mat leave in june would mean i wouldn't get taxed, saving me about 40 (estimated) a week. BUT if i went two weeks over new due date, i'd be five weeks off without a baby! What would you guys do?!
    Day and night. Constantly!

I was awake until 2 last night because it was moving so much, went to bed then, my son realised I was gone to bed and jumped in next to me, I had one kicking in my belly, and one with his feet on my back

That's insane! My one has stages of moving around. She'll go mad, then quieten down, then go mad again! Can you see it moving through your skin? I haven't got that yet, and don't know if i will. My placenta is at the front so i feel most of the movements lower down!

That's insane! My one has stages of moving around. She'll go mad, then quieten down, then go mad again! Can you see it moving through your skin? I haven't got that yet, and don't know if i will. My placenta is at the front so i feel most of the movements lower down!

I was in college before I had my first one so I had to finish the semester 1 and take all of semester 2 off, meaning I had 11 weeks of sitting on my bottom bored!

Yes I see it through, little pushes out. Mine is to the front and low meaning it is right up to the top of the bump so easy to see. Difficult to place something on for a moment though, like my cereal bowl or tea!

Can I ask you ladies a question? My original due date was 13th July so seeing that you had to take mat leave at least two weeks before, i was aiming to finish around 28th june. Now my due date (per scan) is saying 22nd/23rd July. I know that if you take your mat leave after 1st july, you will be taxed. There's a week in the difference, but taking mat leave in june would mean i wouldn't get taxed, saving me about 40 (estimated) a week. BUT if i went two weeks over new due date, i'd be five weeks off without a baby! What would you guys do!

Loubian, theres not much info about it at the moment but my understanding of it is regardless of when you take your mat leave, come 1st July everyone will be taxed. So if you went on mat leave in April, in July you would be taxed.

Again my understanding is the tax is only applicable if your job is paying you / topping up your mat pay while your off. So you would be taxed on the top up part but if you are in receipt of mat pay only from the Social you shouldnt be taxed.

The above is open to correction but thats my understanding. I sincerely hope its right as otherwise im screwed!!!! :o :eek: :(

Im due on 17th and planning on finishing work on 5th July. Its not a full two weeks before my due date but my job isnt labour intensive. If your understanding of the mat leave is right, I would probably finish a week earlier myself i.e. before July so I wouldnt be taxed on my mat pay.

All that said, Ive just checked the Social Welfare Website and all that they have on it is this; -

Budget 2013

Maternity Benefit will be taxable from 1 July 2013 for all claimants. Universal Social Charge will not be payable. (1 July 2013)
    This measure is not yet in effect and legislation is required to bring it into effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

JD24 that's my understanding too about maternity benefit.

I'm not quite as bad as you wolfpawnat with the movement but I can tell you that it's some craic having 2 of them moving around!

I don't have to change my diet too much as I eat mostly wholemeal and low fat foods as it is, just cutting my choccie treat down to once a week and a few other small changes and hopefully that'll do the trick. Will know more after first proper appt next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Does anyone know if you can just print off the maternity benefit form online and use that? My local social welfare office only opens till 4 and I'm stuck in work till 5 each day! Only 11 more weeks though!!!

We have our antenatal class the 27th and we put a deposit off a pram so its all starting to feel real now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭whatdoicare

Does anyone know if you can be be just print off the maternity benefit form online and use that? My local social welfare office only opens till 4 and I'm stuck in work till 5 each day! Only 11 the more sofas ks though!!!

We have our antenatal class the 27th and we put a deposit off a pram so its all starting to feel real now!

I printed mine off, it's on the citizens advice website to download. I've been warned not too leave it much longer (girl in hr told me) as there's a bit of a backlog. I thought it was the six weeks before but she says as soon as yr 24weeks gone send it in. Which I did. I agree with it all getting real haha just finished painting the nursery!

Advertisement