Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

Mothercare always have a great June sale on essentials. A friend of mine got a great top of the range Graco travel system with everything included for over half price one year (about 200e!) She is good at haggling though. I will be going to the Mothercare sale when it is on, not that I'll get much, and going to Newry hopefully in June too to stock up on nappies and wipes :D

Glad your sorted JD24 :D

Also re the hospital bag, a lot of women don't get it sorted until just before they are due, a friend of mine was a big panicky and had hers ready from the day she got the 24 week scan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I'll definitely be calling into Mothercare next month so! My mam keeps telling me i don't need much because i will get everything as presents from other people, but i hate relying on things like that. I like to make sure i have stuff ready just in case there are no presents - i know its highly unlikely, but i hate thinking that i'll definitely get something.

My aunt has said i could take her buggy, but she also said you need a big car boot for it. When i'm learning how to drive, i will be in a punto, my dad has a small audi, so both small boots. She said the wheels are able to come off, but i don't know if that's an extra nuisance. And until i can drive on my own, i will be getting the train/bus to places, so i don't want a ginormous buggy to be lugging onto them either.

Are many of you getting the carry cot top for a buggy first, or going with those new models that the car seat just sits on top of the buggy frame?

loubian wrote: »
    I'll definitely be calling into Mothercare next month so! My mam keeps telling me i don't need much because i will get everything as presents from other people, but i hate relying on things like that. I like to make sure i have stuff ready just in case there are no presents - i know its highly unlikely, but i hate thinking that i'll definitely get something.

My aunt has said i could take her buggy, but she also said you need a big car boot for it. When i'm learning how to drive, i will be in a punto, my dad has a small audi, so both small boots. She said the wheels are able to come off, but i don't know if that's an extra nuisance. And until i can drive on my own, i will be getting the train/bus to places, so i don't want a ginormous buggy to be lugging onto them either.

Are many of you getting the carry cot top for a buggy first, or going with those new models that the car seat just sits on top of the buggy frame?

My one has a piece that you can connect the car seat or the cot part which then is folded into a seat that they can look at you, or face the big world. It is ridiculously big though folded. But I like it, it's fierce sturdy.

With the Maxi-cosi car seat
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTrl4Cov94jTjJHjsf_YEQmxqyaxe5N0kYXZZJz9qmWAIph6uak

The different ways you can manoever the top half.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTUs3UBEInfpq2H0WwxSyXiOKxLk4ZB07HHMCD3cAUHiRzZq9j6

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Im the same as you loubian, I have a lot of people telling me they'll get this and that but like you I dont like relying on that type of stuff. We've bought all the major stuff we need straight away ourselves and people can get the things we'll need later on if they want.

I went with the Mamas & Papas Sola Buggy with the carrycot. I got the maxi cosi car seat to go with it. I really like it, its easy to use, not too complicated and light enough for me to carry :)

If there is anything you like, get it yourself, don't rely on others. I got all clothes and money for my wee man 1st time. Unless people ask you, they are not going to guess you need a changing mat or other nitbits that are very handy, they'll think you thought of them already.

• Advertisement

30 weeks today! I'm off work today because I didn't sleep during the night so am exhausted. Hope everyone is doing well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I'm in feckin hospital since Friday. Dehydrated and was given steroids in case of early delivery. Hope to b home today but not holding my breath. Missing my little man something wicked. :'(

nikkibikki wrote: »
    I'm in feckin hospital since Friday. Dehydrated and was given steroids in case of early delivery. Hope to b home today but not holding my breath. Missing my little man something wicked. :'(

Awh no, hope you're ok! Did they say you could leave any time soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

I'm 31 weeks today!! Time is flying in! I feel your pain Loubian I'm the same ! I was wide awake from 2 last night. The last time I check the clock it was 4:45 and I'm up at 6:30 for work. I suppose I better get use to it though :)
    Hope your feeling better soon Nikkibikki!

Was getting down a few things from the attic today for no2. Looking at no.1's tinie tiny clothes I think I am equal parts excited and terrified at how small newborns are!!!!

• Advertisement

Sorry to hear nikkibikki - hope your home by now :)

How many July mums sre there altogether? :)

Thanks girls.... home now and feeling better. Nothing like ur own bed! Doubt I will make it to July girls, will b happy to make June with these 2 rascals!

How many July mums sre there altogether? :)

Not sure, the weird thing is back in Sept/Oct my partner was reading an article in a mens fitness magazine that said women are more fertile from September to November as our bodies apparently want us to have our children in the Summer. Early November and I get a + so it wasn't too wrong :o

But overall July and August seem to have the fewest boardsies due. Maybe everyone heeded the warning :D

How's everyone doing? As you may have seen from the moan thread, I was in hospital yesterday but everything is ok! Only thing now is I hurt my back yesterday from the force of vomiting yhen sitting on hospital chairs all afternoon n have a sore throat now so I hope I'm not coming down with something. I took today off but will have to go to work tomorrow! Coming on to 31 weeks now, in the single digits! I can't believe it's nearly here! In less than three months, we'll have our babies!!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

How's everyone doing? As you may have seen from the moan thread, I was in hospital yesterday but everything is ok! Only thing now is I hurt my back yesterday from the force of vomiting yhen sitting on hospital chairs all afternoon n have a sore throat now so I hope I'm not coming down with something. I took today off but will have to go to work tomorrow! Coming on to 31 weeks now, in the single digits! I can't believe it's nearly here! In less than three months, we'll have our babies!!
    Glad you're feeling better. I've been in and out a few times with uti's. I'm having my fifth one now but thankfully didn't have to be hospitalised.
    I'll be 31 wks next Tuesday. Can't believe how quickly the time is going. We have so much to do in the house before the big arrival. Starting to panic now!! :-)
    Hopefully you're sore throat won't amount to anything. Take it easy. :-)

Loubian, just read your post in the moan threat. So glad to see everything is ok for you. Must have been very scary to say the least! Hope your taking it easy! :)

All is going well with me. Was in with GP for checkup and baby is doing great :D Finally starting its descent downwards after being in the breech position for the last few weeks!

I may have gone mad as we have decided to move to be closer to family :) Probably the last thing I need to be doing is moving home at 8 months pregnant but it will be worth it! Will be living in same area as my mam and two sisters :)

Hope everyone else is keeping well. Not long for us now ladies :):)

32 weeks today!!! :eek: :D:)

Had an antenatal class yesterday, midwife showed us around one of the "birthing suites" It got very real very quick!!! OH went quite pale....... :o

Hope all the July ladies are doing good :)

JD24 wrote: »
    32 weeks today!!! :eek: :D:)

Had an antenatal class yesterday, midwife showed us around one of the "birthing suites" It got very real very quick!!! OH went quite pale....... :o

Hope all the July ladies are doing good :)

Eek, it's fast approaching. Hard to believe in Nov/Dec/Jan when we were all coming on here talking about finding out and morning sickness starting!

JD24, I can barely remember the birthing suite! I think seeing it again would terrify me!!!

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    JD24, I can barely remember the birthing suite! I think seeing it again would terrify me!!!

It certainly terrified us! The car journey home was very quiet!!!! :o

It was a good to see it though so I know what to expect in the room and what the equipment is and what its needed for, etc. :)

• Advertisement

JD24 wrote: »
    It certainly terrified us! The car journey home was very quiet!!!! :o

It was a good to see it though so I know what to expect in the room and what the equipment is and what its needed for, etc. :)

As I said, I can't remember. I just remember being in a room with a few other women bring induced, then when things starting going, being put into a nice sized room by myself, but this was also at about 1/2am and I was tired and sore, it could have been the canteen and I probably wouldn't have paid too much attention. My OH doesn't get to go to any appointments with me so if anything is different this time, at least it will keep him busy :D

I start my classes next week, i was due to start them last week but i changed times so had to change dates! I'm looking forward to learning stuff and seeing the wards! I can't believe at the end of this week, i'll have six weeks left in work! The baby is certainly getting big, i can feel my organs, esp my bowels, being squashed, esp if i lie flat in bed, so have to lie on my side. Then whatever way she turns in that position, when i go back onto my back, her bum/back is sticking right out! I also think she's moving into position as i'm getting pressure down near my bum, which was mentioned to me the other day that it's an indicator. Scary scary thoughts! I'm beginning to think a lot about the labour; for a while, i was really scared, now i'm in between scared and excited - excited because i know at the end i'll have the baby. and as it gets closer and closer, i can't help but think this is what my body was made for! Hopefully if i keep that mantra up, i'll get through the labour ok-ish!! Would any of you be interested in starting up a private fb page, like the june mums did? (although i wouldn't know how so someone else might have to start it!? :/ :P sorry! )

Would any of you be interested in starting up a private fb page, like the june mums did? (although i wouldn't know how so someone else might have to start it!? :/ :P sorry! )

Sure, it would be nice :)

I have no way of going to the classes, I tried to arrange family to mind the small fella, but apparently the weekend the Rotunda could fit me in for the day long one is the same Saturday the sales start in Limerick :rolleyes: Apparently the fear of missing a crappy top or skirt means more than a baby, but anyway. I'm sure part of it is me being selfish.

I'll b staying away from the fb page if that's ok girls, wanna keep my boards account as anonymous as possible so don't want anyone linking it with my fb account!

I haven't bothered with ante natal classes at all. Did them last time and found them great but don't think we'd get much out of them this time tbh.

Had a scan yesterday. Both babies doing great, estimated weight at 4lbs 3oz and 4lbs 6oz. Am 32+4 today. Will definitely be having a c section, consultant said not til 38+ weeks if all is going well. I can see myself begging for a section by then! Haven't slept for more than 3hours straight in months, often its only 1 or 2 hours before I wake up with a pain in either hips or back. :-(

I'll b staying away from the fb page if that's ok girls, wanna keep my boards account as anonymous as possible so don't want anyone linking it with my fb account!

I haven't bothered with ante natal classes at all. Did them last time and found them great but don't think we'd get much out of them this time tbh.

Had a scan yesterday. Both babies doing great, estimated weight at 4lbs 3oz and 4lbs 6oz. Am 32+4 today. Will definitely be having a c section, consultant said not til 38+ weeks if all is going well. I can see myself begging for a section by then! Haven't slept for more than 3hours straight in months, often its only 1 or 2 hours before I wake up with a pain in either hips or back. :-(

Joining the FB and boards accounts isn't for everyone :)

At 32weeks that is a great weight for them to be since a lot of the time twins can be fairly small :)

I am about 85-90% likely to have another section. I nearly want the baby here now (if it were safe of course), hormones and lack of comfort are driving me mad. But another 6 weeks to go to full term (37 weeks) so I don't want to jinx myself.

I'm the same, want them here now as am so over being pregnant but know I have to suffer on for their sakes. 5 and a bit weeks to go to 38 weeks, though I can't see myself getting that far! I'm only 5ft in height so I've limited torso space!

Just got her going home outfit :D its so cute and soft and pink!

Just got her going home outfit :D its so cute and soft and pink!

Ooh, I have one if it's a boy. Nothing if it is a girl, everyone thinks I am crazy for wanting to have one ready for each, but if it's another boy, I feel I could just donate the girl one to charity. Since no one knows what outfit I want for my baby more than me, and well daddy is a lot of things, but female fashion conscious is not one of them!

31 weeks today. So scary to think that if I have to have another c-section (finding out for certain in 3 weeks) it could be as close as 7 weeks :eek:

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    Ooh, I have one if it's a boy. Nothing if it is a girl, everyone thinks I am crazy for wanting to have one ready for each, but if it's another boy, I feel I could just donate the girl one to charity. Since no one knows what outfit I want for my baby more than me, and well daddy is a lot of things, but female fashion conscious is not one of them!

31 weeks today. So scary to thinks that if I have to have another c-section (finding out for certain in 3 weeks) it could be as close as 7 weeks :eek:

I was thinking on the way home that if I am that 5% wrong n it's a boy, it's going to have to wear pink for the first few days ha!

It could be as close as 7 weeks for anyone if they were to go early, but no one wants to go too early though! I feel so big already though that I'm trying to stop myself from thinking I'll go eatly!

• Advertisement

I was thinking on the way home that if I am that 5% wrong n it's a boy, it's going to have to wear pink for the first few days ha!

It could be as close as 7 weeks for anyone if they were to go early, but no one wants to go too early though! I feel so big already though that I'm trying to stop myself from thinking I'll go eatly!

The girl in the bed next to me was told she was having a boy and bought all blue, it was a girl. But sure t'wud be a surprise :D Part of me really wants to know, the other part thinks I need something after the hard work as a little extra something.

Sure we could go anytime between 37 and 42 weeks and be safe full term (that's all I want) but just realising that this day 3 weeks I could be told "right, we are going to schedule your section for X time on Y date" is so scary. Just thinking of the dates makes it all so real (yes, 31 weeks is what it takes for me to start feeling it's real)

Advertisement