Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    The girl in the bed next to me was told she was having a boy and bought all blue, it was a girl. But sure t'wud be a surprise :D Part of me really wants to know, the other part thinks I need something after the hard work as a little extra something.

Sure we could go anytime between 37 and 42 weeks and be safe full term (that's all I want) but just realising that this day 3 weeks I could be told "right, we are going to schedule your section for X time on Y date" is so scary. Just thinking of the dates makes it all so real (yes, 31 weeks is what it takes for me to start feeling it's real)

Was that on your last pregnancy? It would definitely be a surprise alright! But they saw no scrotum at 23 weeks n I think it does be formed by rhen :P

Are you excited about knowing if you will have another section?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    Was that on your last pregnancy? It would definitely be a surprise alright! But they saw no scrotum at 23 weeks n I think it does be formed by rhen :P

Are you excited about knowing if you will have another section?

Yeah, on my last one. Lovely girl, but she was a bit upset since she had invested in all blue (can't blame her!) They are right most of the time, out of everyone I know who asked, they never got it wrong, she is the only one I have come across.

It's weird, but I really want another section, not because I am frightened of pain or pushing, I would love the faster healing time with natural! But just having a date set means I can make sure my son is properly looked after by his nan, and my partner can be there. Now I am not naive, I know there is a chance I could go before that date and be left in hospital by myself while himself watches the small man, but I think even the comfort of thinking I know what's happening means that I will be calmer.

Yeah, on my last one. Lovely girl, but she was a bit upset since she had invested in all blue (can't blame her!) They are right most of the time, out of everyone I know who asked, they never got it wrong, she is the only one I have come across.

It's weird, but I really want another section, not because I am frightened of pain or pushing, I would love the faster healing time with natural! But just having a date set means I can make sure my son is properly looked after by his nan, and my partner can be there. Now I am not naive, I know there is a chance I could go before that date and be left in hospital by myself while himself watches the small man, but I think even the comfort of thinking I know what's happening means that I will be calmer.

I would say so! :) I'm sure they laugh about it now haha :)

That's understandable :) it would be great to know the exact date that we'll go on so we can organise properly but I think in a way, it adds to the excitement :D

I would say so! :) I'm sure they laugh about it now haha :)

That's understandable :) it would be great to know the exact date that we'll go on so we can organise properly but I think in a way, it adds to the excitement :D

It's great in one respect, because that date becomes so exciting, but still, natural is really best and there is something about knowing your body is doing everything by itself too.

32 weeks, 10 weeks max until she's here, i can't wait. her kicks are getting violent, this morning got a leg in the right rib and a hand in the left hip! i wish i could finish up from work now, it's really annoying me now (see moan thread) but i know i'd be very bored if i was. still, only six weeks left!!

how is everyone else doing?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I'm 32 weeks on Wednesday. Loved being pregnant up to now but starting to get a sore back and feel very jaded most of the time. Still, I feel very blessed and I can't wait to meet the little un. I went on a bit of a shopping spree over the weekend and bought loads of pink clothes (wishful thinking :D) and bought loads of things that are on the hospital list. I also paid off all my pram and I'm collecting it next week! Very exciting. I want to be prepared as once I leave Dublin at the end of June, I won't have as much access to good shops. Have a bit of an inkling that that the baby will be born premature but maybe that's just a notion to me. Hope everyone is keeping well and enjoying the relative peace and quiet for now :)

I am after coming back from another stressful weekend with the inlaws, but bright side being I now have all the clothes, the travel system and the car seat up :D All I need now is my breast pump from my first pregnancy and the sterilizer and I am completely ready for baby :D

I am 32 weeks Thursday. Kicks are getting stronger and stronger. Verging on uncomfortable from time to time, but it's a good sign that the baby is strong :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

Morning Ladies!

33 weeks today for me!! :D:):D

I dont know about the rest of you but fatigue is kicking my butt!! Im finding the work day extremely long and am exhausted when I get home :( Only five weeks left in work - hopefully it will fly.... :o

Hope everyone is well.

JD24 wrote: »
    Morning Ladies!

33 weeks today for me!! :D:):D

I dont know about the rest of you but fatigue is kicking my butt!! Im finding the work day extremely long and am exhausted when I get home :( Only five weeks left in work - hopefully it will fly.... :o

Hope everyone is well.

You're a week ahead of me, but I know about the tiredness! Although at the moment, I seem to be awake until about 12 and am exhausted in the morning :( even if i go to bed at 10! I've six weeks left to go in work, can't wait to finish up! Do you have a feeling if you'll go late?

I think most of us will suffer it at this stage JD, the worst is being exhausted and still being awake half the night :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 220 ✭✭JD24

You're a week ahead of me, but I know about the tiredness! Although at the moment, I seem to be awake until about 12 and am exhausted in the morning :( even if i go to bed at 10! I've six weeks left to go in work, can't wait to finish up! Do you have a feeling if you'll go late?

Im not too bad with sleep, I can get asleep no problem (thats where the fatigue comes in!!!) but only once I am comfortable! I do find if I wake up at 4 or 5 am for whatever reason, I cant go back asleep :(

Its weird but I have a feeling Im gonna go on my due date...... probably just wishful thinking on my part! Apparently only 5% of babies are actually born the week they are due!!!!

JD24 wrote: »
    Apparently only 5% of babies are actually born the week they are due!!!!

Let's hope that we're all part of that 5% :D

Week 32 as of today. The way the baby decided to celebrate, getting its first case of the hiccups! Poor little thing was probably wondering what the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

Week 32 for me too. Had a night in hospital this week due to a very small bleed. Baby is great thank god. Have been so sick since I came out though due to gallbladder attack. Having to force myself to eat as I want baby to get his nutrition. So far this morning I'm feeling a little bit better so fingers crossed!
    I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to go well over my due date, I have myself prepared for that! :-)
    The weather is amazing so I plan on getting out into the garden to soak up some vitamin D. :-)
    Enjoy the sunshine girls.

vanna wrote: »
    Week 32 for me too. Had a night in hospital this week due to a very small bleed. Baby is great thank god. Have been so sick since I came out though due to gallbladder attack. Having to force myself to eat as I want baby to get his nutrition. So far this morning I'm feeling a little bit better so fingers crossed!
    I have a sneaking suspicion that I'm going to go well over my due date, I have myself prepared for that! :-)
    The weather is amazing so I plan on getting out into the garden to soak up some vitamin D. :-)
    Enjoy the sunshine girls.

oh vanna, so glad the little one is okay. I can imagine your fear when it happened. and sorry to hear you are in so much pain/discomfort with your gallbladder.

most women go over :( that few days are the greatest pain ever. you are frightened to go anywhere or do anything.

the weather is gorgeous. i spent most of the day out with my 4yo yesterday. got a bit of colour and vitamin D. very needed. it also really lifts the mood. as exhausted as i am all the time, i can't justify being inside so it is better for me, baby and my son.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Hey ladies, Aldi have a baby special on today! I got some good bits!They have a 3 pack of muslin cloths for €2.99 I nearly bought a 3 pack in mothercare for €12.99 during the week! So glad I waited now!

Hey ladies, Aldi have a baby special on today! I got some good bits!They have a 3 pack of muslin cloths for €2.99 I nearly bought a 3 pack in mothercare for €12.99 during the week! So glad I waited now!
    I sent my partner off with a list this morning. They have some great bargains. The little plastic drawer is really lovely and very sturdy and the muslin cloths are great value. They're ridiculously priced in most places.
    Lidl have a baby fair starting on Monday too! Happy Days! :-)

I sent my partner off with a list this morning. They have some great bargains. The little plastic drawer is really lovely and very sturdy and the muslin cloths are great value. They're ridiculously priced in most places.
    Lidl have a baby fair starting on Monday too! Happy Days! :-)

I hate that I don't have a car :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I hate that I don't have a car :(

I've loaned mine to my Dad for a few days! Can't really reach the handbrake anymore anyway so haven't driven it for a while. It's one of those automatic ones and the button is up over the radio. Will b hitting Aldi as soon as hubby gets his ass in the door soon after 6!

I'm only home from work, debating whether to get a lift to aldi n go crazy! I haven't got the house sorted n kind of avoiding bringing anything in for baby until it is sorted! Is this what they call the nesting phase? :P

I'm so tired today, and I'm so happy its a long weekend! I feel sticky from the heat and would love a shower but the effort :( but I will have one after dinner! I'm going on a short walk with my mam soon so hopefully it will give me energy!

My baby likes lying out the front and a while sgo she was properly pushing out, so I decided to try push her back in a bit, I got this almighty kick and a hand/foot/elbow slowly dragged across my abdomen! I can't help but laugh when she goes a bit nuts in there!

I'm with holles street, n you know the little mini scan they do at appointments, fo you think it'd be possible to get a print out? I'd love another pic of a bigger baby, to add to the collection :)

• Advertisement

It's June, we are officially due next month :O

You are stuck awake and decided to freak us all out with that didn't you:P

Actually, you have freaked me out, literally next month. Ah, Loubian! I won't be able to sleep now!!!

Went for a check up today, so weird the doctor telling me what way the baby is lying and now I know where it's little bum is and everything. :D

Hee Hee! Look how far we've come!! What a scary but exciting start to the day! :-)

You are stuck awake and decided to freak us all out with that didn't you:P

Actually, you have freaked me out, literally next month. Ah, Loubian! I won't be able to sleep now!!!

Went for a check up today, so weird the doctor telling me what way the baby is lying and now I know where it's little bum is and everything. :D
    Hi Wolfpant,
    Did you end up going to Aldi in the end or were you too shattered?
    It's great knowing where baby is isn't it. Our little man is head down and his little bum is right over my belly button. Not sure how that works but he seems comfortable. :-)
    Hope Loubian didn't scare you too much and that you could get back to sleep! :);-)

Hi Wolfpant,
    Did you end up going to Aldi in the end or were you too shattered?
    It's great knowing where baby is isn't it. Our little man is head down and his little bum is right over my belly button. Not sure how that works but he seems comfortable. :-)
    Hope Loubian didn't scare you too much and that you could get back to sleep! :);-)

The nearest Aldi to me is a long bus journey or quite a bit on the Luas so I didn't go. Half tempted to get the OH to go today as there is one in his home town, which is where he is at the moment, about 10 min walk from his mothers.

I am now able to establish where the bum is (right where the liver is) and just under the ribs so when I rub I can actually feel the curve of it, if I press a little hard it tends to stick its bum out more. Little divil is just like its brother. I threaten to "kick his botsie" and he just sticks it out and shakes it at me to do it :rolleyes:

It's just so weird now people are going to ask when am I due and I can't just say July, because it seems so far away, I am going to have to say next month and I think the realisation just hit me how close that is. It's odd, you count the weeks, 15, 20, 26, 32, etc, but when you think about it, it's sort of scary. I am equal parts terrified of juggling two kids and excited. The freak outs are normal, I'll be fine (keep telling myself that)

The nearest Aldi to me is a long bus journey or quite a bit on the Luas so I didn't go. Half tempted to get the OH to go today as there is one in his home town, which is where he is at the moment, about 10 min walk from his mothers.

I am now able to establish where the bum is (right where the liver is) and just under the ribs so when I rub I can actually feel the curve of it, if I press a little hard it tends to stick its bum out more. Little divil is just like its brother. I threaten to "kick his botsie" and he just sticks it out and shakes it at me to do it :rolleyes:

It's just so weird now people are going to ask when am I due and I can't just say July, because it seems so far away, I am going to have to say next month and I think the realisation just hit me how close that is. It's odd, you count the weeks, 15, 20, 26, 32, etc, but when you think about it, it's sort of scary. I am equal parts terrified of juggling two kids and excited. The freak outs are normal, I'll be fine (keep telling myself that)

I'm totally freaked out at times. It's all so new for us. And as prepared as we think we are we really haven't a clue about how our lives are going to change forever! Can't wait! :-)
    You'll be a very busy lady but I bet you this time around you'll be so relaxed about things. I'll be back on here looking for a lot of advice!! :-)

I'm totally freaked out at times. It's all so new for us. And as prepared as we think we are we really haven't a clue about how our lives are going to change forever! Can't wait! :-)
    You'll be a very busy lady but I bet you this time around you'll be so relaxed about things. I'll be back on here looking for a lot of advice!! :-)

Life changes a lot, but you don't become recluses. I found you adapt. It's amazing how after a little time you learn their routine and you just click into it. I am busy training my son for the changes that will be in his life so that he doesn't get a huge shock. With all children, routine is key. I am just hoping the baby's one doesn't clash with his, if it does, my partner will be home for a few weeks (maybe as many as 4!) so we will alter both slightly so both children are given what they need. Don't forget to treat yourself and most importantly, the washing and dishes can wait for after you and baby have napped! That one is essential. My little guy is starting school late August too. Scary!!!!

Boards is great for advice, everyone is different so you don't know who to follow all the time, but you get so many options often the one you wish to try is there and the parent giving the advice is able to tell you the ups and downs of it. :)

I didn't mean to scare you ha! I got a little too excited being able to say "I'm due next month". I haven't really started freaking out, maybe I'm still in denial! :P I bought three sleep suits and I'm so excited to use them! One of them is yellow and my baby is going to have dark skin so I cant help but imagine how cute she's going to look :D at the moment, I dont know where baby is lying! If I'm honest, I think she may have dropped a bit as I dont feel so full and huge! Last few weeks, her bum has been out front, pushing my uterus as far as she can get it, but last two days, its been pretty quiet in there! Sorry for tmi, but I have a touch of diarrhoea n I heard that can happen close to labour! Now I could be absolutely stupid thinking that, and it could have been the nandos I had for dinner yesterday :P (sorry!!) but the fact I don't feel so huge makes me wonder! Although this could happen for the next seven weeks and ill be on here every week saying same thing! Either way, our babies will be here soon :D

I didn't mean to scare you ha! I got a little too excited being able to say "I'm due next month". I haven't really started freaking out, maybe I'm still in denial! :P I bought three sleep suits and I'm so excited to use them! One of them is yellow and my baby is going to have dark skin so I cant help but imagine how cute she's going to look :D at the moment, I dont know where baby is lying! If I'm honest, I think she may have dropped a bit as I dont feel so full and huge! Last few weeks, her bum has been out front, pushing my uterus as far as she can get it, but last two days, its been pretty quiet in there! Sorry for tmi, but I have a touch of diarrhoea n I heard that can happen close to labour! Now I could be absolutely stupid thinking that, and it could have been the nandos I had for dinner yesterday :P (sorry!!) but the fact I don't feel so huge makes me wonder! Although this could happen for the next seven weeks and ill be on here every week saying same thing! Either way, our babies will be here soon :D

I've had terrible diarrhoea all this week too! I mentioned it to my gp yesterday and she said it's the hormone relaxin that's probably causing it. She advised me not to be eating too much fibre as it can over stimulate the bowel at this stage! I have a real craving for bran flakes though so I just can't give them up! ;-)
    I can't wait for someone to ask me now when I'm due, being able to say next month is great! :-)
    Have a lovely bank holiday weekend, I plan on getting lots of rest! :-)

• Advertisement

lemon yellow is gorgeous on darker skinned girls. i remember pitting it on my son since i didnt know what i was having last time either, but with his jaundice it looked a bit bad.
    i think its just the realisation its so close scared me. when peole asked july just seemed ages away. now it is literally next month. it snuck up on me.

i have a dodgy belly today too and am feeling pretty ill. my ms is back and i feel terrible. but i'll get over it. going to thurles tomorrow for a gaa match and to be reunited with himself, so the small man is going around the apartment today shouting "up the banner" :rolleyes:

Advertisement