Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

July 2013 Babies Club

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

vanna wrote: »
    I've had terrible diarrhoea all this week too! I mentioned it to my gp yesterday and she said it's the hormone relaxin that's probably causing it. She advised me not to be eating too much fibre as it can over stimulate the bowel at this stage! I have a real craving for bran flakes though so I just can't give them up! ;-)
    I can't wait for someone to ask me now when I'm due, being able to say next month is great! :-)
    Have a lovely bank holiday weekend, I plan on getting lots of rest! :-)

Oh thats mad, so you can end up with constipation or diarrhoea from the relaxin! Fun :) ha! I'm with the hospital next week so I'm going to write down my questions to ask!
    I think for a while ill still be saying july is someone asks me when I'm due! It's mad though! I wonder who on this thread will go first :)
    That's great :) I hope you enjoy it! I plan on getting the house somewhat ready so I can start bringing baby stuff in! My brother is moving back in for a few months so its going to be a bit cramped, even more so when baby arrives! :P

wolfpawnat wrote: »
    lemon yellow is gorgeous on darker skinned girls. i remember pitting it on my son since i didnt know what i was having last time either, but with his jaundice it looked a bit bad.
    i think its just the realisation its so close scared me. when peole asked july just seemed ages away. now it is literally next month. it snuck up on me.

i have a dodgy belly today too and am feeling pretty ill. my ms is back and i feel terrible. but i'll get over it. going to thurles tomorrow for a gaa match and to be reunited with himself, so the small man is going around the apartment today shouting "up the banner" :rolleyes:

This is a little stripey yellow suit, its gorgeous! There's a little polkadot one with an elephant and a brown one with a giraffe! Hot them in mothercare for 13 euro :) also got some stuff for hospital bag! Have you started getting yours ready yet? I have stuff for it, I just dont have a bag ha!

From what I'd read, I thought constipation was what we would suffer from now, but seems we're all experiencing the opposite! Enjoy the match :) hopefully the weather will be good

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

loubian wrote: »
    This is a little stripey yellow suit, its gorgeous! There's a little polkadot one with an elephant and a brown one with a giraffe! Hot them in mothercare for 13 euro :) also got some stuff for hospital bag! Have you started getting yours ready yet? I have stuff for it, I just dont have a bag ha!

From what I'd read, I thought constipation was what we would suffer from now, but seems we're all experiencing the opposite! Enjoy the match :) hopefully the weather will be good

I am going to wait until my 34 week appointment and scan. That is when we are arranging all the particulars. I have most things I need, just need to put them together now.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭MichB2012

Hope everyone is doing well! Only 4 weeks to go for me!! :-o Scary but exciting stuff :)

I feel really selfish saying this but the weight gain is really starting to get me down. Anyone else feel like this? LOVE being pregnant and the feeling of the little munchkin kicking and moving but cant wait for him/her to come and get back to my normal self!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭vanna

MichB2012 wrote: »
    Hope everyone is doing well! Only 4 weeks to go for me!! :-o Scary but exciting stuff :)

I feel really selfish saying this but the weight gain is really starting to get me down. Anyone else feel like this? LOVE being pregnant and the feeling of the little munchkin kicking and moving but cant wait for him/her to come and get back to my normal self!
    Glad to know I'm not the only one. I feel so guilty every time I think about it. I lost two stone last year (which I firmly believe aided me in conceiving!) and while I'm loving being pregnant I'm dreading having to lose all the weight again.
    I'm hoping to breastfeed which will slow things up a bit.
    I think once our beautiful babies arrive all these thoughts will be pushed far back into the corner of our minds.
    Not long left now. So exciting! :-)

• Advertisement

Four weeks!? You must be due at the start, I was wondering which of us was due early july! I feel the same! I wasn't exactly skinny to begin with and thankfully I havent put on a lot of weight, but I cant wait to be able to wear dresses without them riding up at the front, thus making me wear leggings! I can't wait to not be at boiling point in a string top n shorts! N I can't wait to be able to sleep on my stomach again! But, saying all that, I can't wait to meet the little one most of all :):)

Good to know im not alone vanna. Lost about 2stone myself around xmas 2011 and have put a stone and a half back on since getting pregnant :( its all in the boobs/bump (cant see any diff in my face/arms/legs etc) but I still feel like a whale pottering around. Some women make it look so easy! Planning to breatstfeed aswell so hopefully that takes care of the weight. :) im sure i'll be too tired when little one arrives to care about the weight anyway lol. Are you all set to go?

Good to know im not alone vanna. Lost about 2stone myself around xmas 2011 and have put a stone and a half back on since getting pregnant :( its all in the boobs/bump (cant see any diff in my face/arms/legs etc) but I still feel like a whale pottering around. Some women make it look so easy! Planning to breatstfeed aswell so hopefully that takes care of the weight. :) im sure i'll be too tired when little one arrives to care about the weight anyway lol. Are you all set to go?
    Pretty much all set now. Have to just collect the buggy in a couple eof weeks. My partner is busy painting at the minute. The baby won't have a clue but it'll be nice to have a fresh house.
    I have about seven weeks left so it looks Luke yourself and Loubian will be the first with the big news.
    I've just eaten a chocolate orange magnum and it was delish! Tomorrow will be a fruit day!!
    :-) :-)

Pretty much all set now. Have to just collect the buggy in a couple eof weeks. My partner is busy painting at the minute. The baby won't have a clue but it'll be nice to have a fresh house.
    I have about seven weeks left so it looks Luke yourself and Loubian will be the first with the big news.
    I've just eaten a chocolate orange magnum and it was delish! Tomorrow will be a fruit day!!
    :-) :-)

Oh no, I have seven weeks left myself! I'm not due until the 22nd!

Yep well 4 weeks tomorrow loubian! due on the first but I expect to go over(although hopefully not!!) aw i havent wore a dress in months! I tried on one at about 4 months gone and the sight of me in it has turned me off dress wearing for the entire pregnancy!! Thanks god for comfy maternity jeans from h&m and new look! :)

Ah very good vanna. Sure you know how these things go..! Im hoping baby does come sooner rather then later but sure i'll have to wait until he/she decides they're ready! Oh yum!! I gave up on fruit, only thing I can eat are bananas! Heartburn after oranges/kiwis/apples/pineapple/strawberries and every other fruit has me crippled!

• Advertisement

I'm due on the 24th! I'm expecting to go over though. :-)

Yep well 4 weeks tomorrow loubian! due on the first but I expect to go over(although hopefully not!!) aw i havent wore a dress in months! I tried on one at about 4 months gone and the sight of me in it has turned me off dress wearing for the entire pregnancy!! Thanks god for comfy maternity jeans from h&m and new look! :)

Ah very good vanna. Sure you know how these things go..! Im hoping baby does come sooner rather then later but sure i'll have to wait until he/she decides they're ready! Oh yum!! I gave up on fruit, only thing I can eat are bananas! Heartburn after oranges/kiwis/apples/pineapple/strawberries and every other fruit has me crippled!

Bananas are my new best friends. I love them and bran flakes! Go figure!!
    Night girls. Chat soon. :-)

I dont know what to expect to be honest! I'm getting cramping and a lot of movement down below. Last night she was really digging down there. I half expect to go early, half late. N I know I'm probably kidding myself thinking I'll go early! I'm in the hospital Tuesday and I'm going to ask her position n what weight she's at!

I'm due on the 24th! I'm expecting to go over though. :-)
    I am due the 25th! I think I am the latest in the month. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭SnoozySuzie

Don't worry MichB2012 I stopped weighting myself a few weeks ago when I had put on 30lb! I was over 13lb born and Daddy was nearly 10lb so I'm actually hoping most of the weight is just me getting fat and not a humongous baby :-D I've 6 weeks left today!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eskeogh21

anyone know how accurate hospitals are when they tell you the gender ?
    I've been told i'm having a girl but carrying very neat and everyone's instinct is to say "he" when they talk about the baby ! Going to the coombe and freaking out abit lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

Eskeogh21 wrote: »
    I've been told i'm having a girl but carrying very neat and everyone's instinct is to say "he" when they talk about the baby ! Going to the coombe and freaking out abit lol

Mmmm IMO the hospital would be more accurate. Everyone and their mother has something to say about your bump I find so I just let it wash over my head. Or maybe that's just mine coz it's so gigantic, lol!

I've been feeling a bit off last 2 days. Can't explain it. Bad pressure around cervix even when lying down. Getting tightenings in tummy this evening so it remains to be seen if they are BH or real contractions. I was induced on my son so never went into labour naturally but word on the street is that the initial pains are mild enough and then the intensity increases. Am 34+2 today so it wouldn't be a massive disaster if the twins arrived this early. I've had the steroid shots at 31 weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭seosamh1980

People's instinct to say "he" and "carrying neat" are no indication on the gender! While scans aren't 100% accurate I'd be more inclined to go with that then old wives tales and random guesswork. Why freaking out?

Hospitals can never 100% guarantee the gender. I have seen one case (out of over 10) where they got it wrong. But they are more accurate than wives tales.
    People's instinct to say "he" and "carrying neat" are no indication on the gender! While scans aren't 100% accurate I'd be more inclined to go with that then old wives tales and random guesswork. Why freaking out?

We're pregnant, it's what we do. :D I was freaking out about things last week well outside my control. You fret and hormones increase the anxiety and before you know it, nigh on a panic attack. I have done it over what would be seen by anyone as the most random and non important things.

No sickness the last two days thank goodness, bump has gotten huge and baby has clearly moved so I assume that was the reason for my illness.

I was in town for a while today. Between a horrifically behaved little man (overtired and over-hot I suspect) and marathon people taking over the whole street after the marathon and thinking it is okay to walk into everyone including 8 month pregnant women I was fit to punch someone. Thankfully I refrained, but the urge was there. Then on the luas home, sore and worn out I had people giving me dirties for taking a seat even with a more than blatant belly. I mean I am the first to get up if someone more needy requires it, but I really was not able after lugging my two little ones for the day (4yo and baby) and these people making comments and giving dirties. I wouldn't mind but if I wore a pedometer today it would have said I easily walked well over 10km! I am just glad to have gotten through the day.

The hospital told me that I'm having a girl, they said they saw no scrotum but I'm going to ask again to make sure. People say I'm neat too, that I'm not big, the only reason people say she or her to me is because I do it. People say also that boys are kickers and girls are quiet, but this little one is a crazy thing! Although last few days she has had me a bit worried, her kicks are violent, quite sore at times, but last few days she's been fairly quite. I've done the counting, sometimes i don't quite reach ten, other times ill reach 15-18 kicks, like at 2.30 this morning I counted 18 kicks in about 30 mins! I'm trying not to worry because she IS moving, but if I didn't have my hospital appointment tomorrow I would have gone in today!
    I'm 33 weeks today! I've been getting period like cramps but very dull n they never last. Also I think I've been getting braxton hicks. I wish I knew if I'd go early or late. I don't think reality has really sank in yet, it's like it's still something that's going to happen in the far future but its 9 weeks max until she's here!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 680 ✭✭✭icescreamqueen

I'm the same, I'm attending the Coombe for now, I'm very neat so far and have been told that I'm having a girl but I'm not taking it as God. I was told the gender at the 20 week scan. I went baby shopping a few weeks ago and bought mostly pink things but I have some lemon and white things in reserve just in case. It'll be one heck of a surprise if I end up having a boy :P

I'm the same, I'm attending the Coombe for now, I'm very neat so far and have been told that I'm having a girl but I'm not taking it as God. I was told the gender at the 20 week scan. I went baby shopping a few weeks ago and bought mostly pink things but I have some lemon and white things in reserve just in case. It'll be one heck of a surprise if I end up having a boy :P

Happened the woman in the bed next to me when I had my first. Bought all blue, her boy was a healthy little girl. It was a shock and she was a little peeved as she had everything bought for a boy, but it is not an exact science reading ultrasounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Eskeogh21

That's why i'm worried :P bought all girl clothes and have the odd neutral clothes these things happen i guess :)
    I'll just have to wait 4 weeks to find out ha ha

Got a date for my section today! Just a little over 3 weeks time!!! Can't wait! Hope it all goes to plan! Babies are measuring about 5lbs 8oz each now so delighted with their progress!

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Got a date for my section today! Just a little over 3 weeks time!!! Can't wait! Hope it all goes to plan! Babies are measuring about 5lbs 8oz each now so delighted with their progress!

Omg could this be our first july babies?? Scary!!

Can I ask - do twins automatically go to section or does it depend on the situation?

Not automatically section but I have gestational diabetes and had previous section so they main reason for me. Also presentation of babies. With mine, one is head down and other is transverse so that would probably end up in section for 2nd baby if i were to deliver first one myself.

nikkibikki wrote: »
    Not automatically section but I have gestational diabetes and had previous section so they main reason for me. Also presentation of babies. With mine, one is head down and other is transverse so that would probably end up in section for 2nd baby if i were to deliver first one myself.

Oh ok :) I was just wondering. Do you know if it's girls or boys or one of both? :)

Don't know! Was asked twice by docs if I wanted to know but said no. But when my sis found out she was having a boy (she's due in Sept) my DS wanted to know what I was having so I was going to find out but decided against it again! Just told him their bums were sticking out and the doctor couldn't see if they had willies or not! My brother is due a boy in a week and a half so pressure is on to produce a girl, lol! I've a strong feeling I've at least one boy.

I think when baby is going through her quiet time, she's growing. Last two times after she's been quiet for a while, I notice how much stronger her kicks are n how much bigger my belly is ha! The lumps/bumps she makes when pushing out are getting higher n quicker! My brlly seems to have grown out! I wonder if people will still say I'm small because I feel huge! :P one month left in work :D 6.5 weeks to due date as my mam kindly reminded me today! Was getting very clear period like pains today n quite a lot of Braxton hicks! Just another day in pregnancy! :P

• Advertisement

My baby has decided to drop. My butt is killing me and my bump is hard. But moving like mad. I had loads of stretchmarks with no1, but not a single new one. I am just expecting my stomach to explode, there can't be much more room there. I get the "oh you're so small and neat" the whole time. I feel massive!

Advertisement