Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soccer forum warning

Options
  • 11-11-2012 9:52pm
    Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

I'm challenging the following Soccer Forum Warning; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=81694563&postcount=278

I've been charged with gloating over someone being injured.

A) I made no reference to an injury.

B) Luis Suarez was making numerous runs at the Chelsea defence with the ball, I was praising his prior play. The fact that this was written around the same time of the injury to Mr. Terry is conincidental.

C) After prior consultation with the moderator I was told that I breached the Don't be a dick section of the charter. Why is it necessary that we must be appalled when one suffers an injury. If a paedophile is found to have serious brain damage are we to automatically say 'awful thing to happen, wouldn't wish it on anyone, etc.' Fúck no. Mr. Terry is a convicted racist, and is a person who has had many controversies throughout his career. Must one automatically wish well when someone gets hurt. This is akin to the social stigma over not wearing the poppy in the UK.

I hope this is rescinded. It is a very choppy interpretation of the charter and also something which I did not do.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

While I may have had some sympathy with your position, as your post could be interpreted as not referring to the injury at all, when I see you started this thread within a few minutes of starting this Appeal thread, it's quite clear you where your sentiments lie (and that you were effectively trolling the forum (and possibly trying to influence this appeal) by starting that thread). I can therefore see no basis for overturning this.

Yellow card upheld.

You may of course ask for an Admin to review this

• Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Ares

Cheers for the quick response.

Meh I'm not going to bother. It's a bullshít call for me, but no point fighting da powah any more. I'm happy to let it be.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement