Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Injury schadenfreude

• 11-11-2012 9:59pm
    Site Banned Posts: 549 ✭✭✭

Why is it that people must automatically be appaled when somone gets injured. Even when its a despicable person such as John Terry.

Can one not say I don't like him, thus I'm not unhappy that he is injured.

When racists get hurt in real life people are rarely unhappy. Why is it so that when it happens on a football pitch they must automatically get sympathy. :confused:

I just don't get it.

Comments

Not nice to see anyone get injured, doesn't matter who they play for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

Where's the close thread button?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

What a thoroughly scummy attitude.

*closes thread*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Not nice to see anyone get injured, doesn't matter who they play for.

Has nothing to do with who anyone plays for.

John Terry is an individual who I really amn't sad for whatsoever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

Looks nasty ....

no matter who it is if I ever was to get pleasure out of seeing this then it's time to bring my head for a shįt I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭Sergio

2 wrongs dont make a right bottom line at the end of the day. People are forgetting its only a game not life and death!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭markie29

doesnt matter who you support or what teams or players you dislike no football fan should take pleasure in anyone getting a serious injury.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Sergio wrote: »
    2 wrongs dont make a right bottom line at the end of the day. People are forgetting its only a game not life and death!

Has nothing to do with football.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭KINGVictor

Regardless of your opinion of the man, you should never wish him to suffer an injury like he sustained today. Thats a complete cop-out and quite disgraceful. In reality, you are just as morally incompetent as you think he is.

I dont like him but I hope he is not badly injured and recovers soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Will he be able to legimitally use the disabled parking places now ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

It's not exclusive to football, it's a social thing, we can hate people until something bad happens....it's like the way you become a good person when you die...unless you're Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,591 ✭✭✭✭CSF

markie29 wrote: »
    doesnt matter who you support or what teams or players you dislike no football fan should take pleasure in anyone getting a serious injury.
    I'm not saying I necessarily disagree with you, but you can't disagree with someone without saying why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement