Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can you all help me find a graphics card for my needs?

Options
  • 11-11-2012 10:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭

I'm just after restoring a Dell Dimension 4600 which has been broken for the last 3 or 4 years now, I have it running Windows XP with 512mb RAM(which I plan on upgrading), a P4 2.66Ghz CPU and the motherboards integrated graphics(Intel 865G chipset) as I sold the 7600GS card about 2 years ago.

I'm looking for a decent enough AGP 8x card that will work in this PC, its going to be primarily used for web surfing and email but I also hope to run a few low-end games on it(The Sims, Minecraft, Call of Duty 4, etc.)

Which card would you recommend and I'd prefer if you could give me a link to it on ebay as well :) My price range is around €20-€30 but I can stretch to around €40 as well :).

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

COD4 on a P4? Lol.

That machine isnt worth the money you'll spend on it for anything other than a browser. Even chrome will destroy that with its sandboxing.

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭ryanch09

I could run COD4 on it before, even managed MW2 at lowest settings going solid at around 30fps at one point! :p Regardless, I'd still like to be able to watch youtube without it stuttering or anything...might just go with the GeForce FX 5600 it had when we first got it, any other suggestions?

Oh also, posted from Chrome WITH Defraggler working in the background. This baby still has it ;)

Advertisement