Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Am I studying too quickly?

• 11-11-2012 11:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I've only started to sit down and do some organised study recently. I usually do hour-long blocks for each subject and I usually write my own notes for certain chapters. I write down what I'm going to study in each subject each week and then write notes on the topic I study. The thing is, I seem to write the notes much quicker than I expect to, for example one of my goals for the week was to study one maths chapter, which I did in an hour.

From your experience, is this the wrong way to go about studying or is this way actually going to help me? :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

I think its better to set your goals by workload rather than time

What I mean by that is, rather than saying: 'Okay tonight, I'm going to do an hour of English'

Say 'Okay tonight, I'm going to write an answer on the poetry of Elizabeth Bishop'

Makes you more focused, makes you feel like you're doing something more worthwhile and you usually get more done. ;)

If you get that done in less than an hour, great! You've still done a lot of work.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 150 ✭✭Skinhead Kane

0mega wrote: »
    I think its better to set your goals by workload rather than time

What I mean by that is, rather than saying: 'Okay tonight, I'm going to do an hour of English'

Say 'Okay tonight, I'm going to write an answer on the poetry of Elizabeth Bishop'

Makes you more focused, makes you feel like you're doing something more worthwhile and you usually get more done. ;)

If you get that done in less than an hour, great! You've still done a lot of work.

Just relax, open the book, open your copy/notepad; start reading it and jot whatever you think is important down, then at the end of the week, do exam questions or textbook questions related to what you were studying.

Do that 2-3 hours a day. Formula for LC success.

Advertisement