Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lodged money in error...HELP

Options
  • 11-11-2012 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi everyone
    I hope someone can help me.
    I am a customer of BOI and recently I lodged a sum of money through their 365 phone service to clear my mbna cc a/c. At the time I didnt have my mbna cc info with me but I knew the only mbna a/c set up was my own so I lodged it to that account. Subsequently I discovered the funds had acutally been lodged to an ulster bank cc a/c which I had previously lodged funds into in 2005.
    I called BOI when I realised the error and they didnt do anything...just told me to try uls bank and see if they could contact their customer who received the funds in error and request that the funds be returned to me. They also said that due to data protection i couldnt get the name of the person I had lodged the money too...but my opinion is I had this info at some point..ie 2005 when i made the first lodgement.
    I have sent 2 letters already to uls bank but no reply. I have also contacted people who I may have lodged money who had an uls cc but nobody is owning up to received the funds from me.....:rolleyes:

Has this ever happened to anyone before???? Any tips or advice...its coming up to christmas and I really need the cash now

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I would ring UB rather than sending letters (or as well as).

Are you set up on internet banking as well as telephone - is the name of the ub account notef there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara

Hi omu,

As amdublin correctly stated, it is possible view the payee details if you are registered for online banking. To do this, select Manage Accounts and then Manage Payees.

Alternatively, if you would like to send us a pm with your name, account holding branch and a contact phone number, we can arrange for a representative to call you. They can provide you with the payee's details and also check your account to see if the funds have been returned by the receiving bank.

Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Tara

Advertisement