Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Worst injury you've got playing football?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,732 ✭✭✭Reganio 2

Dislocated my Shoulder and Elbow in the one move. That was quite painful and don't think the job found the football excuse to pleasing.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,917 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

No major injuries playing on grass, but my ankle is a wreck from two horrible sprains playing indoor soccer with some of the Limerick Boardsies last year and the year before.

Managed to turn my right shoulder a cool combination of yellow and purple after the last league game I played. Dived on the ball just inside my own box, took the point of the opposition striker's knee full force into my arm. My cap went flying and the subs thought I'd been decapitated. :pac: Played on to win 5-2 though. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 974 ✭✭✭MooShop

Last year, I broke both of my wrists at the same time.

This year after about 6 games back, horror tackle/lunge on me by some idiot, I dislocated my shoulder.

Back playing again and have 9 games under my belt now, injury free so far!! (touch wood)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Had broken ribs twice this season (Just over now - summer season), dislocated fingers, broken bones in hand, bent tooth etc etc over the years

Worse one ever was when i was about 16, i had just caught a cross, and was well up in the air when i got hit on the hip. This had the effect of spinning me round in the air. When i put my hand to the ground to stop myself, my elbow gave out, and the end bit of my funny bone shattered.
    Lads though i was taking the piss, until they turned me over - agony...

This happened at training on a Saturday evening - i had to wait in St.Vincents with my arm elevated until the following wednesday week for the bruising and swelling to go down before they could operate to stick a screw in my elbow. I lost about 10 degrees of movement apparently as a result. Hasnt hindered me at all though.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 11,393 Mod ✭✭✭✭Captain Havoc

A few sprained ankles is the worst I've ever done. Latest was in March on 5-a-side, sprained it while scoring a goal with nobody within ten feet of me. Tried it about six weeks later, came late for 5-a-side, stuck on a bib, dribbled past a player, scored and limped off again. I put on a load of weight because I was eating pizza watching the champions league on the nights when I should have been playing, I was glad that I was still able to cycle no worries though, I don't even think it hurt clipping in and out of the pedals (requires a tiny bit of foot-turning and pressure).

https://ormondelanguagetours.com

Walking Tours of Kilkenny in English, French or German.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,448 ✭✭✭evil_seed

In football only sprained ankles thankfully. I've had worse from snowboarding and rugby. Snowboarding I've bruised my ribs and dislocated my shoulder. Rugby I've had sprained neck, concussion & twisted knee

• Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Green Diesel

Broke my wrist while saving a shot in goals.

Was 13 at the time, luckily it was the left wrist so I didn't get too many "**** too much" jokes aimed at me. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭Scottie99

Snapped my ALC back in 1988, back then you didn't make comebacks. Operated on and synthetic ligament was put in place. Woke up after op in a mobiliser which was bending my knee:eek:. Now 5inch scar

Advertisement