Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question regarding a second IEC

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Phoenix wrote: »
    Do you have to leave Canada while your application for a second year in the IEC s in progress or who does it work exactly?

Are you currently on your first IEC visa or what exactly is your status?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

+1 for this thread, me and the gf are just over a week here, still settling in.

We are on our first year IEC, do we have to leave the country to apply? Can we apply late Dec/early Jan like the first time?

What is going to happen now they are introducing 2 year visas? Will we get to do a total of 3 years on the IEC?

Will we be required to supply Gardai clearence and Canadian Police clearence? We'll have been here just over 2 months when applying.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

How is Calgary Martin? There much work there?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    +1 for this thread, me and the gf are just over a week here, still settling in.

We are on our first year IEC, do we have to leave the country to apply? Can we apply late Dec/early Jan like the first time?

What is going to happen now they are introducing 2 year visas? Will we get to do a total of 3 years on the IEC?

Will we be required to supply Gardai clearence and Canadian Police clearence? We'll have been here just over 2 months when applying.

Thanks.

Welcome to Canada! :)

No you don't have to leave the country to apply. The only times you leave the country are when you are renewing your visas.

I'm on my first year too only here a month. When we apply in Dec/Jan time we will qualify for the 2 years so we are the lucky ones and will get a total of 3 years. If you end up going for permanent residency it helps as gives you more time for processing and such.

As far as I can tell we just apply as normal like we are starting off brand new. I applied for my Garda clearance before I left and it's sorted now.
    Was it easy enough getting your first Garda clearance? The last poster in this thread seemed to find a way even though it took longer -->

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056774698

Some rules have been changed in relation to length of visas and the residency requirement for Ireland so there could be more changes when the visas open just have to keep a close eye online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

zweton wrote: »
    How is Calgary Martin? There much work there?

We've only been here a week, but we love it so far. Its a mixed bag really but some of the people we've met up to now have been exceptionally nice and understanding helping us get set up.

We havn't been out on the town, just in a few bars/restaurants to eat but there seems to be a nice buzz of life in places in the evening.

By ways of work the answer is theres loads, but it depends what your looking for. We've been told by shops/furniture salesrooms to bring our cvs in, that they're hiring etc. We are currently job hunting for something along with our respective areas (engineering/hospitality). For yourself, have a look here http://calgary.kijiji.ca/f-jobs-W0QQCatIdZ45 and see whats here for you.

The main thing I notice about Calgary is the amount of building going on, it seems you can't turn a corner around Downtown/surrounding areas without seeing them working on some kind of highrise, its a good sign.
    ToniTuddle wrote: »
    Welcome to Canada! :)

No you don't have to leave the country to apply. The only times you leave the country are when you are renewing your visas.

I'm on my first year too only here a month. When we apply in Dec/Jan time we will qualify for the 2 years so we are the lucky ones and will get a total of 3 years. If you end up going for permanent residency it helps as gives you more time for processing and such.

As far as I can tell we just apply as normal like we are starting off brand new. I applied for my Garda clearance before I left and it's sorted now.
    Was it easy enough getting your first Garda clearance? The last poster in this thread seemed to find a way even though it took longer -->

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056774698

Some rules have been changed in relation to length of visas and the residency requirement for Ireland so there could be more changes when the visas open just have to keep a close eye online.

Yeh it seems we just go the same as last time. We definitely are the lucky ones!!!:)

Gardai clearence was no hassle the last time, I did it through Raheny, Dublin and it only took about a week. I think we'll get the ball rolling on our clearence. Get in nice and early.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement