Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PA System for shop

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I do a bit of maintenance in the local shop and the owner has asked me about installing a PA System ie 4 mics around the shop and 4 or 5 speakers, just to call staff to areas that are busy.

Every time I Google PA systems I just get info on stuff that would put the Point Depot to shame.

Anyone have any link to a supplier of this kinda stuff.

PS It's just for "Staff Calls" not music so it doesn't have to be any kind of expensive Bose system.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

I suppose your looking for these fellas? They site nice and tidily in the ceiling.

475251.jpg

Then it's just the matter of hooking them up to some sort of a mixing board and connecting the mic to it also.

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Seanieke

Yes the speakers will be among one of the components needed. I ment more is there a supplier that deals with the Audio side of wiring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭The RF Tech Guy

Why not get the shop keeper to supply the staff with license free 446MHz radios.

A little more professional than a PA system (in that customers don't need to be listening to staff calls throughout the shop) and probably cheaper and with with no installation required. Can be expanded if required. No running costs other than charging the radios at night.

Advertisement