Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Much Would Gas heating Cost

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:51am
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hello, :)

Would anyone have a rough Idea of how much it would cost for heating a 4 bedroom house (126 Sq mtrs). Just on average price. We are planning to buy a house and would like to know roughly what to expect. we live in a 2 bedroom house at the moment. (73Sqmt) and we are having electric heating at the moment. Bills come upto about 300-350 in Winter.

Cheers !!!!:pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,224 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

If ur looking at buying a house it will have to have a Ber raiting, that will give you an idea of the yearly heating bill.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

mmh.. But I would like to know in €€€€€ so we can decide to go for a 3 bed or 4 bed rather than buying a bigger one!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

No one can give you a figure, even a wild guess, as the cost will depend on many factors. Two different families in the same house can have a wide variance in cost of heating:
    1) How well the house is insulated
    2) House location (top of a hill on the west coast or in a built up area)
    3) Your preference (ie, do you want the house to be above 20degrees all the time when you are there)
    4) Your usage patterns (heating on all the time or just an hour here and there) + is the house occupied during the day.
    5) Efficency of the boiler (old fashioned gravity system will be less efficent than modern sealed system)
    There are probably another few contributors that I cannot think of - but you get the picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Eph1958

Hi, ours is €800-900 annually.Largish 3 bed semi, no extra special insulation. Would be interested in other peoples numbers too. Good luck.

Eph.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,597 ✭✭✭emeldc

4 bed detatched house, 9 yrs old, don't have the rads on upstairs (not needed), costs about €900 for oil and about €1k on ESB.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 57 ✭✭denver62002

Thanks all, thats pretty much what I was looking for... I dint want to buy a house and start paying €200 a month for Gas. Thanks Once again..

Advertisement