Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Looking for an old Nokia ... Bray / Dublin

• 12-11-2012 2:00am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    t
    In the attached pic. one can see (to the left of the dash) a phonekit in my Saab. It's big, and it's ugly, but I really don't want to pain my bottom removing it and having to fill the holes. The more painless (and 'period') option would be to leave it there and try and get a phone for it. I think the one it takes is the Nokia 6110: can anyone confirm this? It has a lug which is supposed to 'mate' with the phone, presumably for the aerial?

If anyone happens to have one of these phones lying about (working or not) and feels like parting with it please let me know :)

Regards,

Tony.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 943 ✭✭✭bbsrs

ahal wrote: »
    Hi all,
    t
    In the attached pic. one can see (to the left of the dash) a phonekit in my Saab. It's big, and it's ugly, but I really don't want to pain my bottom removing it and having to fill the holes. The more painless (and 'period') option would be to leave it there and try and get a phone for it. I think the one it takes is the Nokia 6110: can anyone confirm this? It has a lug which is supposed to 'mate' with the phone, presumably for the aerial?

If anyone happens to have one of these phones lying about (working or not) and feels like parting with it please let me know :)

Regards,

Tony.

A 6110 would do but back in the day the the 6310i was the business phone to have, excellent basic phone with massive battery life, old tech now though . still easily bought but not very cheap due to all the oldish merc , sabb , BMW phone kits still in use.

http://www.donedeal.ie/for-sale/phones/3286215

http://nukephones.com/car-kits-c-69/nokia-5110-5130-5146-6110-6150-6210-6310-6310i-p-94

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 536 ✭✭✭ahal

Many thanks bbsrs :)

The links are quite an eye opener I must say. I thought they'd be thrun in a drawer somewhere, along with a few 'Telecom Eireann' callcards etc. People still use them by the look of it :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭Capri

I believe there's adaptor kits that fit into the slots so you can use later phones in the holders.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

bbsrs wrote: »
    A 6110 would do but back in the day the the 6310i was the business phone to have, excellent basic phone with massive battery life, old tech now though .

Enda Kenny still uses a 6310i (really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

murrayp4 wrote: »
    I don't think so!

You must of missed all the kick up about him playing with his new iPhone5 when he met the Pope a few weeks back.

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

WOW.i thought it was a child seat........................:D

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭chevyv8

WOW.i thought it was a child seat........................:D
    child seat.. :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 969 ✭✭✭murrayp4

Do-more wrote: »
    I don't think so!

You must of missed all the kick up about him playing with his new iPhone5 when he met the Pope a few weeks back.

He has an iphone but watch him walk into any meeting and he'll be clutching his trusty gold nokia...

2e5c93fc5fcb277c88837e18ff8cc045160277674693e8ebbd42a445c84e5c6d.jpg

chevyv8 wrote: »
    child seat.. :D:D:D

Excellent. I'd been looking for somewhere to put my Jimmy Saville figurine ... the ultimate irony :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

Nice steering wheel on the Saab ;)

That lock you have is a joke, any joyriders worth his salt will have that gone with one light kick, I've seen this in the past, get a chain and lock to that nice wheel, and turn one of your spare light buttons into a kill switch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,465 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

With that setup that you have, I would get a bluetooth module for that nokia kit and just replace the current one with it. No wiring or messing with cables whatsoever, just plug out one module and plug in the new one. You could leave that holder there if you wished but by just replacing the control module, you would have an invisible bluetooth system. ONly disadvantage is that you would have to charge the phone some other way but you would be keeping the old school appearance while still having an up to date smart phone in your pocket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 656 ✭✭✭bobin fudge

most if not all 2nd hand phone shops in dublin still have the nokias you are looking for in question -pretty expensive 2nd hand and well over 10 years old but very reliable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭unfit2006

One of the best phones ever imo. My 6310 has survived years of use and abuse.
    Avoid the cheap Chinese copies if you buy on line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

I have a few phones that would fit into that cradle. I have a few cradles too.... all for sale!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,741 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's a Nokia Carkit CARK-91. When I bought my E38 9 years ago, it came with that kit

I promptly bought a second hand 6310i for €50

It is still worth €50 :D

Best phone ever BTW, the reception is perfect and the battery lasts forever

Thanks for the input folks :)

Re: crap Autolock, that pic. was taken back in 2008 ... I've long since ditched it for a heavy duty yoke that goes through the steering wheel (cost me €120!) based on the exact same advice! When she goes back on the road I'll be getting some proper kit fitted.

Re: Steering wheel, afaik Momo made those for Saab; I stand to be corrected on that but I'm nearly sure.

The adapting cradle to mod stuff sounds interesting, though I might just go for an older phone altogether as I'm royally peeved with how small mobile phones have gotten!

W124man: talk to me! :D

I keep meaning to put up a proper thread on this Saab. I've been piddling about with it 4 years now ... here's a few pics I took along the way :)

All I need now is an 'Italia 90' sticker and I'm done ... not quite :pac:

So far:

Slam panel off, rustproofed, repainted, refitted

Headlights removed + indicators, de-gunked / rusted / rustproofed / re-fitted

Passenger door replaced

Suede inserts (seats) brought back from shiney black to grey again!

4 alloys refurbed

2 NOS tailgate trims sourced (500 Dollars!)

Original stereo sourced

Engine painted

New electric aerial

2 new dustplates for behind rear disks (200 quid!)

4 new door rubbers (S/H but good - ebay)

Sunroof seal fixed

New bonnet badge sourced

Boot 'Carlsson' badge cloned (by me!) and replaced in anticipation of scumbags

New 'Saab 9000' interior mats sourced

Black dash replaced with wood effect dash

4 new calipers sourced (need pistons)

... er, I think that's it :p

Next up the big bits: Gearbox bearing, brake lines.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

murrayp4 wrote: »

Denis O'Brien and me. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,333 ✭✭✭w124man

W124man: talk to me! :D

Anytime ..... :D

w124man wrote: »
    Anytime ..... :D

Well come on ... you first :pac:

In other news I picked up a nice Ireland Italia 90 holdall for the back parcel shelf :) Oh, and found both my 'Hanimex' 35mm camera + a box of Walkmans (men?) I'm almost set to travel back to 1990, if only some kind soul would do the Christian thing (especially as it's nearing Christmas) and gift me a Nokia :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

... if only some kind soul would do the Christian thing (especially as it's nearing Christmas) and gift me a Nokia :p
    I have one that's excess to requirements, complete with original mains charger and one of the natty little leather cases that were de rigeur back in the day.

If you're interested, PM me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭welder

I have one that you can have If you have not got one yet. Think I have a few of those car kits too if you or anyone else wants them !

Advertisement