Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Open Wheel Series

• 12-11-2012 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show/1544

I'm hosting an open wheel series over at Race2play. Anyone is more than welcome to join!

You can join Race2play for free.

We'll be racing Formula Atlantic cars, they're incredibly fun and not too difficult to drive

Hope to see you on the track!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

Downloaded the Cars and Tracks, only tried the Ralt, but they are a lot of fun.

Not sure about the race time, it says 6.30 EST

Is that 18.30 Irish time?

its too tight for me time wise, I would only be walking in the door from work.

Best of luck with the series though, I bet its a right laugh driving those cars :)

Clive.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭matty55

Downloaded the Cars and Tracks, only tried the Ralt, but they are a lot of fun.

Not sure about the race time, it says 6.30 EST

Is that 18.30 Irish time?

its too tight for me time wise, I would only be walking in the door from work.

Best of luck with the series though, I bet its a right laugh driving those cars :)

Clive.

Clive its 11 pm Irish time. Hope it's not too late for you :)

Matt

aha! I was too smart for my own good ;)

I thought it was 6.30 Eastern Standard Time alright but I thought because you're Irish I had got it wrong...

Yeah, not bad, might just register for that :)

Oh, and I didnt have my time zone set up right PMSL :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 541 ✭✭✭racersedge

Race2Play is a good place to try and get a series off the ground, particularly as it lets you just focus on running a series without the hardship of worrying about servers, hosting a site for it to store results and trying to attract new people in. Best of luck of it. Had some good experiences running stuff there in the past. :)

• Advertisement

Round 1 tonight :D Still loads of room on the grid anyone welcome :)

Had a Blast with this last night.

TBH, I didn't think I would be able to last night, I was absolutely wrecked and had a poxy day in work..

Got home, had dinner, and went to bed to watch telly to rest up and get some energy back.

Went down at 10.pm to find the practice session was running and jumped right in.

Qualified 4th out of a field of 6 or 7th I think.

Started the race well and settled into 2nd position.

Got my fuel stratagy mixed up and was carrying way too much fuel but learned the lesson now.

Some brazilian was leading and pulling away so I just kept pushing to keep my concentration up.

After all these years of owning Rfactor1 it was the first Race I have run, we even needed to pitstop and I hadnt done that before.

All in all its a brilliant little series and I would be happy to see some boardies sign up :)

Onwards and upwards.

Glad you enjoyed it. :) After a good practice and qualifying session my race ended in the barrier :/

Next round heads to Long Beech and everyone is more than welcome to join.

1 race down 3 races to go so the championship can still be won! :D

Heres the link to the series:

http://www.race2play.com/schedule/show/1544

Round 2 tonight from long beech :)

Advertisement