Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

budget gameing pc build advice

Options
  • 12-11-2012 4:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭

thinking of building a gameing pc over the next few weeks, instead of buying a new laptop,

need some advice
    my budget is around €400

thats just for the case, psu, mobo, cpu, ram, and hdd.

i can use an old moniter or my tv for now, and have a few keyboards etc..

im not sure what to go with, i want this to last so a decent graphics card and mobo is a must,

for the cpu id rather amd than intel,
    but wondering should i splash out for 8 core or stick with 4 core, theres a good price difference,

links to ebay would be best, unless yous know a good place to get stuff,

1. What is your budget? €400 maybe €500 at most

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming and UDK 3DS MAX etc.. games maybe wow, gta, minecraft, hope it could run high end games

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? no

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? might have cables that be about it, have a 350gb hdd so that could do for now

5. Do you need a monitor? No

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? 42" hd tv for films etc.. and an old standard vga moniter for now

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? maybe

8. How can you pay? Any

9. When are you purchasing? over the next few weeks, hope to buy it bit by bit

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? doing it myself

Thanks in advance

Comments

Advertisement