Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

esb networks the unwanted dual meter

Options
  • 12-11-2012 4:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

I have just got my new home a old house with the power off for 2 years . I had to pay a reconnection fee , 430 euros and then the day the power was being put on I got a call from the vendor to say that esb networks engineer was in the property fitting a dual meter , I spoke to the engineer and requested he did not put in a dual meter , I wanted a ordinary standard meter , nothing more nothing else , he replied its your provider that you need to speak to regarding this request and that if I wanted a ordinary meter he couuld come back at a later date when authorised by the provider , I called board gais electricity explained that they would be my provider as they always have been . they looked on their system and said the mprn number was not on their system and they had not requested a dual meter , and suggested I call esb networks ,which I did . explained engineer was in the property and that I requested I begged with him not to put in a dual meter ,they said that was not a issue for them ,call your supplier we dont want to know who your supplier is was what i was told thats your business ??? . anyway called back board gais . nope call them back again , 40 mins on hold waiting waiting nothing will speak to a superviser , nobody could answer my question . I was told they would ask the relevant body to see why my request of a standard meter not put in , 30 mins a phone call , you filled in a form requesting a dual meter , / day night meter , I said did i can I see this , hopefully will get copy tomorrow , anyway I did call when filling in the form to see what was the most economic form of power and I was told a dual meter cheaper in the evening . so I said great thats what I would go for , I was not told that I would have to use a certain amount of power and day power would cost more , I am really p*****ED That this is the case , how come who ever the sales person was could not tell me this , the actual facts , I suffer from a serious medical condition that I have to sleep at least 12 -14 hours in the night , this service is no use to me and I have to now pay for the engineer to come back and fit a standard meter . even tho I have not even moved into the property and I requested him not to fit a dual day night meter , what can I do , will call them tomorrow and go thru the whole situation again , I cannot use this service and its no good to me , and I feel after requesting the day of fitting and being messed around and have to pay a huge connection fee . do I have any come back , I really feel this is exploiting people , what can I do
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

What exactly is the Consumer Issue?

ESB Networks are right. They only connect the meter requested from them by the Supply company - be that Bord Gais, Airtricity, Electric Ireland etc. Your gripe, if there is one, is with the supply company. Also, you seem to have an issue over the tariff sold to you. This is again an issue for your supplier; so why the ESB Networks tiltle? You should rightly be charged if ESB Networks have to call again to replace a meter that they were legitimately asked to install.
    Night rate electricity is really only useful if you have electric/storage heating.

Nobody is being exploited. You just didn't check what deal you were getting from your electricity supplier and the one you chose is no longer required by you.

Advertisement