Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for mature male looking to study nursing?

Options
  • 12-11-2012 6:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hey guys, (sorry if this is wrong section feel free to move mods) So i am 26, have never found a "real" job, think its time to go the education route to better myself. I want to study nursing, a bit apprehensive being a male. Any guys here studying nursing? Any advice?

Also anyone know what training to be a nurse is like? Is it head in the books for 4 years or is it mostly practical work?

Thanks for any info guys! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 DTB87

I am thinking of doing the same, however the fact that the handbook for prospective students keeps referring to applicants as "she" kinda shows how backwards Ireland still is.

I would love to hear from any guys who have or are doing the same, as well as advice as the OP has requested :).

Advertisement