Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do you know if you dog is happy???

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭barbiegirl

Our retriever cross puts on the best sad eyes, especially when she's outside and wants in. Our Jack Russell just has a worried looking face. They get everything they could want and are loved, exercised, well fed, lots of toys and attention. I've often said I'd love one of those collars from "Up" then we'd know for sure. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

My yoke sighs too - big happy ones. Usually when shes lying legs in the air on the sofa rubbing her smelly bum into the flufffy warm rug, or when shes getting a big rub, or has just had a megatreat ( think smelly cheeze) delivered to her crate when shes almost asleep beside the radiator. O happy dogs life.im applying to come back as one - preferably mine!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭lorebringer

I know my guys are happy because they sleep on their backs, with their legs in the air and bits on display - couldn't be stressed out or upset in that position!

They are content and happy with full bellies, lots of walks, lots of play and lots of company - and the most important, lots of snoozing time! The only worries they have are "what do you have there?" and "why am I not getting rubs?", I'd love to be one of my dogs for a day, 'tiz the life!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

Quite often I wonder is my dog happy too. She is so so loved in our house, and is spoiled rotten. But mostly she sleeps a lot (she is eleven years old now!) and the only time she gets annoyed is when I put her in our utility room at night. When she is awake she is very active and loves to play with toys and with our cat. But how do I know if this is a happy dog?

Advertisement