Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Turkey Island Ad

Options
  • 12-11-2012 10:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭

Is there anything that can be done regarding these ads that automatically play sounds/music? They're very annoying, especially when you have a few tabs open and can't tell which one it's coming from.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Nicola

Audio ads are a big bug bear-they are not something you should expect to encounter on the site but as I've said when they do appear, let me know and I will make sure it's blocked.

The Turkey Island ad has been sent to our traffic manager and will be blocked shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Thank you very much

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

It's not just turkey island. I've noticed that a lot of flash based ad's will automatically start playing through once the page is loaded.

Advertisement