Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 1070 & Sms

Options
  • 12-11-2012 10:29am
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi folks,

have decided on the 1070 hybrid system for my house.

Do i need an aditional card/module for sms/text to my mobile or is it integrated already?

Thanks

K

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

It doesn't come with a dialler, you'll need to get one.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Thx for that

is there a standard or basic type for basic text ?

SW-4/8DC Dialler do the trick ?

Thx

K

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

The HKC DTV is what you need :-) you may aswell hang on till December as their new software and gear will be out then :-)
    With the new software you can have a wireless keypad + IP and more

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm taking a look at this new gear on Wednesday. If you hold on till then I'll report back.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,921 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Superb -

was going to get it over the next few weeks so better still.

thanks

K

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,719 ✭✭✭✭altor

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi folks,

have decided on the 1070 hybrid system for my house.

Do i need an aditional card/module for sms/text to my mobile or is it integrated already?

Thanks

K

You also need to check who your service provider is if you want text.
    It will only work with Eircom or Vodafone as your service provider.
    The other option with the 10/70 in conjunction with the DTV is to use the voice message if there is any issues. It will also work with with UPC. Just remember to program the zone audio when setting up the system.

Also it can't send a text to anyone on the 3 mobile network but it can call them

Also it can't send a text to anyone on the 3 mobile network but it can call them

That is the best thing about the DTV. Changing service provider to anyone who gives an analog line will work with the DTV for voice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The Plug on GSM is available from suppliers in the next couple of weeks.
    This can do all in one .
    Make sure the panel you get also has version 3 firmware.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm taking a look at this new gear on Wednesday. If you hold on till then I'll report back.

Did you get a chance to see the new gear, is there much of an improvement, does it come with onboard ethernet connection, will it be possible to disarm via the internet

Thanks..

• Advertisement

The IP was a bit of a let down. Lan board is not ready until early to mid next year. There was very little info on what it would do or even whether direct connection via IP to your own panel would be possible. Ill be sticking with Siemens for IP for now. Theirs is a fully working system with iPhone app & Android in January.

But HKCs app is due to be released in the new year ?? Can the panel not be connected to a monitoring station via IP until then ?

But HKCs app is due to be released in the new year ?? Can the panel not be connected to a monitoring station via IP until then ?

That is being tested. It works and polling time works on it too. The new GSM has the dialer build in too so no need for a separate modem card. It can basically do 3 types of monitoring.

So it's the new GSM unit that does everything ? Landline ,Cellular and IP??

So it's the new GSM unit that does everything ? Landline ,Cellular and IP??

It does GPRS, saves you needing to buy different devices as times change.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭selfdiy

I may have missed something,
    What is new in the panel available from the 1st of December that is not available in the current one?

Thanks again

KoolKid wrote: »
    The IP was a bit of a let down. Lan board is not ready until early to mid next year. There was very little info on what it would do or even whether direct connection via IP to your own panel would be possible. Ill be sticking with Siemens for IP for now. Theirs is a fully working system with iPhone app & Android in January.

Yes it will be possible to self monitor and control your panel through the app when it is released. It will also have a pulse to self monitor the alarm system through the app.

The App is a good bit away I'd say. The lan card is the 1st quarter with the app to follow later.

When you convert that into HKC time that's a while off. Apps like this take a lot of developing . Realisticly it's a way off yet. I'm also a bit disappointed that they may go down the subscription route.

Can you self monitor the Siemens through the app :/ ah the wait will be worth it

Can you self monitor the Siemens through the app :/ ah the wait will be worth it
    Not at the moment. It should be possible though. Have you ever looked at the SPC panel TB ?
    You would love it I'd say.

• Advertisement

altor wrote: »
    Yes it will be possible to self monitor and control your panel through the app when it is released. It will also have a pulse to self monitor the alarm system through the app.

An I reading you correctly? Self monitoring will be available with the app by using push notifications?

I was ment to get one but then the school fees started to pile up haa . I'm keeping an eye out for one on adverts . Has the HKC sticky been updated yet ??

An I reading you correctly? Self monitoring will be available with the app by using push notifications?

Yes that is correct. It will notify you through the new app, no pressing refresh to determine the state of the panel ;)

altor wrote: »
    Yes that is correct. It will notify you through the new app, no pressing refresh to determine the state of the panel ;)

That's a bit of a minefield. Apple's servers control the push notifications and they charge for that service too so I pressure HKC won't be taking the hit on that and it will be a chargeable service.

That's a bit of a minefield. Apple's servers control the push notifications and they charge for that service too so I pressure HKC won't be taking the hit on that and it will be a chargeable service.

No prices available yet but it will be a chargeable service from what I have being told. It is to be set up on a server, no need for a static IP either.

I'd pay for that once it's under €100 a year haha . I think ADT use it in the states .. ADT Pulse . It will be well worth it .. Interesting to see how it will cope with the phone line being cut ect .

Pay a subscription for an IP connection?
    Would you pay to access your CCTV on a DVR?
    Your panel can be a web server why should you pay to go via another server?

That is where the pulse to allow the monitoring comes in afaik.

How do you mean?
    IP panels at the moment can connect to stations that are ready for it.
    I'm in talks with 2 stations at the moment re this.

• Advertisement

From what I gathered from it, it is in constant communication with the remote server. If the alarm triggers you get an alert to your phone via the app. Could be wrong so dont quote me on it.
    Will they be providing a free service?

Advertisement