Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Primary medical cert appeal

Options
  • 12-11-2012 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 23

hi all, i have an appeal hearing for a primary medical cert in dublin in a couple of weeks, i have very little power in my left leg and no movment in my left foot, i use a cane to walk, can anyone tell me what to expect when i get to the national rehabilatation hospital for my appeal, how it works etc, has anyone here gone through an appeal ther, many thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Equality

This is usually easier to get if you have paperwork. The officials know that if you complain to the Ombudsman, he has no medical qualification so he bases his decision on the paperwork.

Therefore if you take paperwork with you it helps. This might be a report from a physio/OT. It might also be a long long long letter from you setting out your daily routine and the reasons why you need the cert. (The cert is very valuable, so it is difficult to get).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,642 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Jesus H Christ.

Is this what this country has come to?? I never had to appeal a PMC??

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Equality

Some categories are automatically granted the PMC, if they apply for it, as long as they are older than 5 years of age.

Mainly wheelchair users/amputees/some other categories also, as there is no doubt in these cases.

The OP is neither, so it is much harder for him to get it. Cystic fibrosis patients, stroke patients, people with arthritis... find it difficult to get this payment.

Equality wrote: »
    Some categories are automatically granted the PMC, if they apply for it, as long as they are older than 5 years of age.

Mainly wheelchair users/amputees/some other categories also, as there is no doubt in these cases.

The OP is neither, so it is much harder for him to get it. Cystic fibrosis patients, stroke patients, people with arthritis... find it difficult to get this payment.

That's crazy. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 23 mack daddy

have letter from consultatant,physio and getting a driving assesment from iwa, any other pearls of wisdom

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 mack daddy

IM UP TODAY, ANY OTHER ADVICE???

mack daddy wrote: »
    IM UP TODAY, ANY OTHER ADVICE???

How did you get on?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Finn 20

Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to make a joint application for primary medical cert my wife has arthritis I have cerebral palsy I was just wondering has anyone ever done a joint application as I feel my wife may be entitled to the medical cert .

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Finn 20 wrote: »
    Can anyone please tell me if it is possible to make a joint application for primary medical cert my wife has arthritis I have cerebral palsy I was just wondering has anyone ever done a joint application as I feel my wife may be entitled to the medical cert .

The PMC is for a person with certain categories of mobility difficulties.
    Both of you can apply in your own right.

Advertisement