Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best GPU with a Corsair CX430W PSU

Options
  • 12-11-2012 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Hi I'm looking for some advice on the best possible GPU that my current PSU a Corsair CX430W can handle?

I've a budget of in or around €200,

Current specs of the rest of the build are

White Bitfenix Prodigy case
    Asrock H77-ITX mobo
    Intel i5 3570
    8gb Corsair Vengeance
    Samsung 830 - 126gb ssd
    1TB HDD

The reason for the non K CPU along with the H series of chipset is that I'm not into over locking as the speed I get is really good enough for my needs

I just want a handy enough GPU that can play all the most recent games at a very reasonable framerate and fairly good settings

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭dwighet

Id seriously consider something like this

That and postage would be just over budget by about the price of a pint.
    Good quiet card with the dual fans..

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭John2009

Also should have mentioned that the PC is connected to my TV and the max resolution is 1366 x 768 so would those cards be overkill considering the TVs resolution?

Thats a good priced card you found on amazon there....The one I picked was only one gig the one you picked is 2...

I personally wouldnt go anything lower than a 7850 for gaming..
    Even at the res your tv is at...

Im sure someone with more gpu knowledge will jump in here and give you a hand.

I always say its better to have too much than not enough.Just in case you want to get yourself a new monitor(1920x1080)the 7850 would be fine for modern games at mediun-high res..Especially the 2 gig card you picked out.

Will my 430w PSU be enough for a 2GB 7850?

• Advertisement

Have a play with this...it will give you a good idea of what you need(wattage)
    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

dwighet wrote: »
    Have a play with this...it will give you a good idea of what you need(wattage)
    http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

I'm getting a return of a recommended PSU wattage of 282watts

Is that about right?

yep...Your psu will be fine.:cool:

Going to order that card so from Amazon :)

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

The reason to go K is not to overclock now, but rather down the line, when you aren't able to play the newest games at decent enough settings anymore...

• Advertisement

Andy!! wrote: »
    The reason to go K is not to overclock now, but rather down the line, when you aren't able to play the newest games at decent enough settings anymore...

He already has it...NON K

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

dwighet wrote: »
    He already has it...NON K

Thanks John's dad. I was just explaining to him why he might want to rethink. Didn't see that he had already made the purchase.

Andy!! wrote: »
    Thanks John's dad. I was just explaining to him why he might want to rethink. Didn't see that he had already made the purchase.

Johns Dad??? Whats that supposed to mean?

Advertisement