Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wire crossing above a cooker

Options
  • 12-11-2012 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Picked up an Ikea strip lighting system for the kitchen. Just a cheap bit of kit to see how it looks without having to chase walls or anything. I'm just wondering now what to do to bring one wire around the wall behind the hob. I had a thought of running it along the edge of the top of the tiles then running some silicone over it to seal it in. Can anyone tell me if this would be ok or suggest another product to seal it?
    Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

Cork Exile wrote: »
    Picked up an Ikea strip lighting system for the kitchen. Just a cheap bit of kit to see how it looks without having to chase walls or anything. I'm just wondering now what to do to bring one wire around the wall behind the hob. I had a thought of running it along the edge of the top of the tiles then running some silicone over it to seal it in. Can anyone tell me if this would be ok or suggest another product to seal it?
    Thanks in advance

Put up a photo or 2 of the setup, at varying distances from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,467 ✭✭✭SweetCaliber

Could you run it up through one of the presses and across the top and back down through another press?

Silicone-ing it up the side would be dreadful.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Cork Exile

That is something I'm considering alright lee, its just that part where the tiles end I was looking at running the wire across that lip. It is hidden from view. Would silicone do here or do I need something else with the heat and steam from cooking ?

Advertisement