Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What??? You're running ANOTHER marathon!!!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,852 ✭✭✭ncmc

Gavlor wrote: »
    All my comments/theories get dismissed cos of my wonderful natural ability :(

that has to be some form of discrimination!!
    Boohoo, it sucks to be you with your darned natural ability :P

It's less discrimination, more jealousy :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

All my comments/theories get dismissed cos of my wonderful natural ability :(

that has to be some form of discrimination!!
    How oppressive for you :P

155955_420943771334001_1246151352_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Gavlor

ncmc wrote: »
    Boohoo, it sucks to be you with your darned natural ability :P

It's less discrimination, more jealousy :o

I bet that's the definition of bullying!!!

I bet that's the definition of bullying!!!
    2ap4is.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,156 ✭✭✭jcsmum

Great time in BC, that was some congestion at the start and for the first few miles! It was difficult to get into any kind of rhythm for a while.

And great log title!!

• Advertisement

Thanks jcsmum, I was a bit disappointed at the time, but I think it could be a tricky course to get a PB on, the congestion at the start and then the long drag at the end are tough going, so I am sure I can better that time. Going to put a real push on to get a good time in the Wexford HM in April.

LOL, I think I should let you commandeer this log title after reading how many marathons you’ve done!

Thanks jcsmum, I was a bit disappointed at the time, but I think it could be a tricky course to get a PB on, the congestion at the start and then the long drag at the end are tough going, so I am sure I can better that time. Going to put a real push on to get a good time in the Wexford HM in April.

LOL, I think I should let you commandeer this log title after reading how many marathons you’ve done!

:D

Oh and I'll be pacing the 2hr half in Wexford, so I'll see you there!

jcsmum wrote: »
    :D

Oh and I'll be pacing the 2hr half in Wexford, so I'll see you there!
    Excellent, will be sure to say hello! I'll be in my Boards t-shirt, so you can't miss me :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭Walkedit

Excellent, will be sure to say hello! I'll be in my Boards t-shirt, so you can't miss me :pac:

Great run in BC, Jacob still loves getting out but he might change if I did your miles. he hurt his paw and a week indoors with antiinflamitories nearly killed him

Keep it up, roll on Cork!

Walkedit wrote: »
    Great run in BC, Jacob still loves getting out but he might change if I did your miles. he hurt his paw and a week indoors with antiinflamitories nearly killed him

Keep it up, roll on Cork!

Aw poor Jacob, hope he's on the mend. Libby has got so lazy over the winter, we're both looking forward to the hour going forward so we can get back to doing some of our runs in the forest.

• Advertisement

Monday - rest
    Tuesday - 10 miles with 5 @ hmp

I'd been quietly dreading this run and considered putting it off til later in the week, but figured today my legs should be pretty fresh after a mini break if 3 days no running.

4 miles warm up at 9:33 and then the 5 hmp miles. Splits were 7:32, 7:30, 7:32, 7:33, 7:33. Mile cool down at 9:40

Pretty pleased with that run, it was tough but not unbearable. If I can manage a session like that for the next 5 weeks, I'd be much more confident of a 1:40 half in Wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Nice work. I've decided to bump mine until morning... :rolleyes:

Your hmp is my 10 mile pace! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,934 ✭✭✭career_move

Well done N great session. Sub 1:40 no bother at all to you :D

scriba wrote: »
    Nice work. I've decided to bump mine until morning... :rolleyes:

Your hmp is my 10 mile pace! :eek:

That's my 10 mile pace too! I'm hoping I can keep the speed up for the full 13 miles... It could all go pear shaped at mile 11!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

Monday - rest

I'd been quietly dreading this run and considered putting it off til later in the week, but figured today my legs should be pretty fresh after a mini break if 3 days no running.

4 miles warm up at 9:33 and then the 5 hmp miles. Splits were 7:32, 7:30, 7:32, 7:33, 7:33. Mile cool down at 9:40

Pretty pleased with that run, it was tough but not unbearable. If I can manage a session like that for the next 5 weeks, I'd be much more confident of a 1:40 half in Wexford.
    I'd a very similar session! Good going. We will be close in Wexford and cork too maybe 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 3,606 ✭✭✭RedRunner

Monday - rest

Great consistency there with the hmp splits,well done.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

RedRunner wrote: »
    Great consistency there with the hmp splits,well done.

+1 Serious run there!

Monday - rest

Welcome to the speed club ;) you are reaping the benefits of avoiding early morning running!

Welcome to the speed club ;) you are reaping the benefits of a Kirin early morning running!

P&D, P&D, PEE AND DEE!! :D That's my cheerleading voice!:pac:

blockic wrote: »

P&D, P&D, PEE AND DEE!! :D That's my cheerleading voice!:pac:

Yeah yeah yeah.... You'll be crippled by the time you reach my age ;)

• Advertisement

Yeah yeah yeah.... You'll be crippled by the time you reach my age ;)

FACT! That's 40 yeah?:pac:

blockic wrote: »

FACT! That's 40 yeah?:pac:

That's just mean. And here was I about to help you guys out over the controversial comments on the 2013 novices thread!

That's just mean. And here was I about to help you guys out over the controversial comments on the 2013 novices thread!

I take it back!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 438 ✭✭docjewel

Excellent session tonight ncmc,the few days rest did you no harm at all:-)

Looks like you only used Ballycotton as a training run ;-)

Welcome to the speed club ;) you are reaping the benefits of avoiding early morning running!
    Yes, I definitely could feel the benefit of all those extra hours in bed :D
    docjewel wrote: »
    Excellent session tonight ncmc,the few days rest did you no harm at all:-)

Looks like you only used Ballycotton as a training run ;-)
    I have to say the legs felt very fresh whereas for Ballycotton I can't say I felt rested. It's like you were saying about P&D, while you won't feel as rested as Hal Higdon, the endurance is better. I think I will take a couple of days rest before Wexford though, I really want to have a good race that day.

Nice session there yesterday - sub 1:40 looking good! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Steroo

I think I will take a couple of days rest before Wexford though, I really want to have a good race that day.
    +1 to that

Wednesday - 4m recovery @9:40

Thursday - 11m @ 9:05

Nothing really to report, have the start of a blister which i'm hoping is down to a pair of socks I don't normally wear rather than my new trainers. Other than that, all is good!

7m @ 9:05 with 10x100m strides

Think this was supposed to be a recovery run, so probably a bit too fast, but felt ok during it.

Blister watch: hour 26: I can confirm that we have a full blown blister :( Wore crap socks again for sone stupid reason so will make sure to wear my usual socks on Sunday and hopefully that will sort it.

18 miles on Sunday, dinner with my sisters tomorrow night, guess who's the self appointed designated driver :( I hate running sometimes!

• Advertisement

18 miles @ 9:16

So after a sober night last night, great to feel that smug satisfaction of not drinking for a change! Up early, well 7:30 which is early for me! Bowl of porridge consumed, back to bed for 45 mins :) On the road running by 9am. Pretty uneventful run really, felt quite tired. Was going to try and go gel free but took one at mile 12. Got wet a couple of times but yet the weather was quite mild so it was one of those frustrating 'jacket on/off/on/off situations. Was wrecked by the end of it, but at least it's done now and I can head out tonight guilt free. Mind you, after this weeks running, I'd get drunk on the contents of a barmans wipe rag I'd say so better take it handy.

Blister watch: day 3: my blisters now have blisters! Not good! Hoping they'll ease of as I break my trainers in more.

First week of 50 miles! Feels pretty good!

Advertisement