Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skydive for the first time ever

• 12-11-2012 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hey guys,

Im thinking of doing a tandem skydive for charity soon. If anyone has done a skydive before, whats it like and do you practise for it? Im excited about doing it but Im also nervous about doing it :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Don't know where to begin! Reading your thread made me pull out the dvd I was lucky to have done of my own tandem-skydive that caught every expression, and exchange of words before entering the plane, on-board the plane making our ascent, the moment it was my turn the leave the plane, and everything on the way down :o:D

Surreal experience! Have you read up anywhere online about the experience? I'd like to say that you've nothing to worry about, but all extreme sports carry risks which is why I'd like to know if you've read up on tandem-skydives?.

Are you using a company here in Ireland? or would a qualified friend be doing the tandem-skydive?

Mine was with a well-known company here in Ireland, professional, thorough but they also helped make it that much more fun! You won't go near the plane without knowing exactly what will happen, what you're supposed to do, and what they will do! I do know people who backed out on the day as nerves got the better of them though, but everyone who I've spoken to who's done a skydive would go back and do it again and again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,116 ✭✭✭Mech1

If at first you dont succeed,
    then skydiving is not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭jimmurt

Hey guys,

Im thinking of doing a tandem skydive for charity soon. If anyone has done a skydive before, whats it like and do you practise for it? Im excited about doing it but Im also nervous about doing it :pac:

For a tandem, there's no real practice needed. The instructors will go through the details with you on the day. This training usually takes 15 minutes for tandem students.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭RustyNut

I can recomend this crowd for a great skydiving experience.

Advertisement