Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy floor fitting tool?

• 12-11-2012 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi, does anyone know where i'd buy a tool for fitting laminate type flooring, its the tool used for going on the end of the last board in a line where you cant hit the board as its too close to the wall.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

wall wrote: »
    Hi, does anyone know where i'd buy a tool for fitting laminate type flooring, its the tool used for going on the end of the last board in a line where you cant hit the board as its too close to the wall.

Builders Providers or B&Q

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

wall wrote: »

Apparently it's called a pull bar, just in case you end up having to ask for it.
    I bought one in Woodies(as part of a floor fitting kit, couldn't find one for sale on it's own), have since seen them in B&Q and a few other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

Thanks, I'll try there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 238 ✭✭chris445

Can be done with any kind of pinch bar and even a claw hammer. This tool is not needed for laminate floors at all. I've fit 4 so far this month and hundreds the last few years and I've never used one.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭wall

Thanks for info, got a good one in B&Q for nearly half the price of one in Woodies.
    I'm no expert on fitting floors but for the few i have done i find it a handy tool.

• Advertisement
Advertisement