Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steak and Pints

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:05pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭

Hi all

Would anyone know of a place that does good steak and pints in the city centre?

Not too overpriced. Just a decent sirloin or T-Bone would do the job.

A few of us want to get a few pints of stout in as well.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭crashplan

The Bull and Castle at Christ Church. FXB steak house and decent boozer!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

Thanks - where is the FXB steakhouse? Christchurch as well? Might be a bit far out no?

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Bull and Castle beside Christchurch.

Owned by FX Buckley the butchers and over 100 beers to choose from.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

Crashplan beat me to it.

The steakhouse is the pub. There's a "beerhall" upstairs.

You'd have to have a very limited view of where the "city centre" is, to think Christchurch was a bit "far out" imo.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 357 ✭✭ballygowan1

Crashplan beat me to it.

The steakhouse is the pub. There's a "beerhall" upstairs.

You'd have to have a very limited view of where the "city centre" is, to think Christchurch was a bit "far out" imo.

Oh right thanks.

Just think it is a bit of walk for the main city centre area thats all.

Might be worth the walk by the sounds of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Oh right thanks.

Sure it is the city centre. We're talking 5 minutes from Temple Bar or Stephen's Green.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Indeed. The city centre is more than the shops on O' Connell Street. Haven't been to FXB yet, but I certainly plan to.

Other option for good steak is at Carlos restaurant on O' Connell Street. I've been there a couple of times, but it's a restaurant, rather than a pub. They have good deals often on the like of menupages.

• Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭liffeylite

Oh right thanks.

Its in the city centre! Its across the road from christchurch cathedral. Its effectivley dame street. There is also the aussie bbq down near camden street. Good deals in there on food and booze :-)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Christ Church has been the city centre for a lot longer than O'Connell Street or Grafton Street.
    +1 on the Bull and Castle - you can't beat FX Buckley's meat.

err....that came out wrong..

• Registered Users Posts: 24,995 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

Christchurch as well? Might be a bit far out no?
    LOL :D

Reminds me of a chap on Liveline a few years ago when the discussion centred on "shop local" for Christmas. He informed Joe Duffy that he was from Pearse Street and proudly claimed he did all his Christmas shopping locally, but, if he couldn't get something locally, he'd head into Dublin for it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement