Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Storehouse

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭

Is it a worth while trip? Am thinking about buying my parents tickets for the tour as a present and just wondering is it enjoyable? My dad is a guinness drinker and my mam has always wanted to do the tour so i'm hoping it will be a great experience for them both

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

idk if it's "great" but I enjoyed it. Had herself pull a pint and all; get a cert saying you did it and stuff.

I liked the jameson tour more but even then, the midleton tour in cork is better again imo. (i like whiskey)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Storehouse is great, but like the poster above, I preferred Jamesons

• Registered Users Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭Maldesu

Same as the two above. Guinness was ok. Lots of fanfare at the door but that's it - you guide yourself around.
    Jameson just went down better for me, but I like my whiskey. If you get one of the tubes at the start you get to do a little tasting session and a little cert saying your a taster or the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

I've done Guinness about six times and therefore when I did Jamesons earlier this year I probably did enjoy it more. Guinness is good though and when I have friends in town from home it's usually there that they want to go. It's a good waste of an hour, a great pint at the top and the video of how they make the barrells always impresses me. Jamesons is probably more fun and with it being guided is a little more educational.

Got some American friends in town tomorrow and Sunday so can see me visiting one of these again very soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I should be ashamed of myself. I don't drink Guinness, but i've been to the G store house twice. I've been drinking Jameson for about 14 years and i've never taken the tour. Will need to rectify this soon.

• Advertisement
Advertisement