Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Promotion/Competitions for my website

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭

Look for some help. I set up a website a few months ago and at the moment Im doing my best to promote it. The website allows visits to give feedback/reviews on a range of different products. So there is 2 things Im hoping for at the moment; increase the number of likes on my Facebook page and get more feedback/reviews of products on my website.

So I was thinking of offering prizes for the best contributions to the website. Or anyone who likes/share our Facebook page could be in with the change of winning a prize.

What do people think of these ideas? Is there anything else I could consider? And how good would the prizes need to be? Does anyone know if businesses would be winning to contribute to a prize? I could offer them free advertising on the site.

Any feedback would be very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Zonua

What is your website Brendan, or what do you do.
    Do you sell directly from your site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Hi Zonua. Its an information website. I don't sell anything from the site. Basically all it is is a website that visitors can give feedback/reviews on a large number of products.

Have you any suggestions?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

A product review information website lives or dies on it's impartiality. I personally would be very suspicious of one that offered prizes to get me to visit.

If it were me, I would become active on boards, blogs and forums that deal with consumer product issues. Engage and ask people to share their experiences/reviews on your site too.

Cheers
    Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Brendan Flowers

Thanks for the feedback Peter. I had thought about what you said already and thats why I was considering offering the prize for liking my FB page instead. But if I do offer the prize for best reviews it'll be a one off offer just to get my content level up. I have to approve all reviews before they appear on the site and since the prize would be for best review so I'd be confident of the accuracy of the content submitted.

Advertisement