Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hello all and welcome

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:46pm
    Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here's a repeat of the mail I sent you all on Saturday. Hang here and more instructions will be along very shortly! :)

--

Thank you for volunteering to test!
    Hello,
    Yesterday I asked for volunteers to test our new little game and 80+ people stepped up. So, sorry for the impersonal list-mail but thats a *lot* of people :)

I'll try to be brief:

1. Hello, welcome and we're very grateful for your time and help.

2. We've split you into iOS and Android users. We're sending instructions on how to install the game for each individually. If you indicated you can test on both, you will get two mails telling you how. Probably on Sunday/Monday.

3. Our lead programmer was sick on Thursday and Friday so the first build isnt ready just yet. We estimate Tuesday.

4. This is an early beta test. Some bits arent ready but we'll tell which bits. All of the game-play is ready which is what we are testing mostly.

5. This game is quite heavy on 3d graphics, so people with Arm6 chips (quite old Android mostly), are not supported and will probably have a horrible time.
    3GS and up is supported on iOS.

6. We want to have as much dialogue with you as possible. There will be a private forum on Boards that you will get invited to shortly.

So, thank you for volunteering, please bear with us while we scramble with a much bigger test group then me and my mum, and await further instruction!! (God I always wanted to say that :) )

Tom "DeV" Murphy.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I doubt my Samsung Galaxy Ace will work but my Zenithink c91 should be fine. Looking forward to giving it a lash.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Actually, that would be good to know. I know Arm6 chips arent supported, it will run like a dog on them (if at all) but with others we dont know. We've done a hell of a lot of optimisation to make it run slick and boy it goes like a stabbed rat on my HTC One but on the lower chips and systems we would really like to know who to include and who to exclude to avoid bad experiences... so that data is very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,837 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Maybe a seperate thread for 'Compatible Devices' would be handy and a list can be made from users feedback. Might avoid a lot of 'Will my device work..' type questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

yeah yeah, quit the yabberin - where's the game? :)

iphone 5 and ipad 2 for me.

I can test it on the latest ipad if needed, but I'll be needing "supply of test equipment". I assume this can be provided? Better throw in a Samsung S3 too.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

We're hoping to have the test build out to you all on Wednesday. Our lead programmer got a fever, I mean... ffs, what a slacker. :rolleyes: :)

I'll start the "performance on Device X" thread now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

HTC Desire which will probably explode, and a Pantech Element to test on here. Nexus 4 come christmas too if testing is still required then.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

I'll be interested to see how my original iPad 16GB fares with this :)

TPD wrote: »
    HTC Desire which will probably explode, and a Pantech Element to test on here. Nexus 4 come christmas too if testing is still required then.
    We'll we've tested on a Desire HD and it was fine but I dunno about any others in the Desire line... I think it might be borderline :)

It plays like greased lightening on the iPad2.

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

My Galaxy SIII is waiting for instruction. (Might see how much of a dog it would be on the older Galaxy too)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I have a 3GS, Xperia S, Xperia U and an Xperia Arc to test it out on, so will provide feedback in the performance thread :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

My Galaxy SIII is waiting for instruction. (Might see how much of a dog it would be on the older Galaxy too)

I'll be testing on the Galaxy S so I'll let you know. If it blows my phone up that'll be a sign that Santa needs to bring me an upgrade :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

I put myself down for Android (sg2 and nexus 7) but can also test on 3gs if needed.

Also hoping to test on my UG802 when it finally arrives from China!

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Xperia S, Dropad A8, X10(unlikely) and iPod Touch G2(unlikely) to work with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,760 ✭✭✭DaveNoCheese

I have a 3GS, Xperia S, Xperia U and an Xperia Arc to test it out on, so will provide feedback in the performance thread :)

Thinly veiled I have all the gadgets :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

DeV - Are there any "child-unfriendly" bits in the game?

Could I give it to my 10yo (Apple head) & 5yo (Android head) to play?

There are no "child unfriendly" bits in it no. It would be great to hear what your two make of it... :)
    Its not a "kids" game though, so they might be a bit confused as to why they are escaping the city but theres nothing in the explanation you wouldnt want to tell a 5 year old. I'll be giving it to my nephew who is 11 and my nieces who are 9 and 7 too :)

T.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Cool! I'll have feedback for you next week I hope.

I'll tell them that the 'Boss of the Internet' asked for their help with a new game that he's making for Santy. They'll be chuffed! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Will be testing on the Galaxy S3 and an iPhone4.
    Can also test on an original iTouch or a 3Gs if needed but not sure if these even power on anymore.

Advertisement