Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tom Brennan 5km 1.1.2013

Options
  • 12-11-2012 12:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭

Entry for this now open on Precision Timing. Good way to blow off the Xmas cobwebs!! €18 entry and tech t-shirt for first 300 entries.

Last year's thread
    Garmin track

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,545 ✭✭✭tunguska

Usually attracts good depth of field(fionnula britton ran last year). Not a fan of the course, way too many corners but all in all a great race. Saw a few lads throwing up at the finishing line last year which was hilarious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Giving this a bit of a bump, surely more than only two Boardsies doing this?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

tang1 wrote: »
    Giving this a bit of a bump, surely more than only two Boardsies doing this?

Planning an appearance myself, and likely to have the future Mrs BTH along as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭davemcmahon

I'll be doing this aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

I'm in, It's been a while since I've been up to the big shmoke!:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,793 ✭✭✭Macanri

I'm in too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,866 ✭✭✭drquirky

Ran it last year and running it this year- keeps me honest on NYE!

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭npresto

Does anyone know when and where to pick up race numbers for this event?

I signed up but there was no follow up email giving any details.

npresto wrote: »
    Does anyone know when and where to pick up race numbers for this event?

I signed up but there was no follow up email giving any details.

They say on Liffey Valley Ac website that there will be a registration tent set up on Furze Rd for number collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

It's always a good race to start the New Year with.

I hope that, in contrast to last year, this year the t-shirt will survive it's first wash, though. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭ooter

Anyone got a link to the entry form?
    Edit: got it now..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭jebuz

Just registered online, I've been humming and hawing about registering on the day but just got a rush of blood there and went for it, guess I'm taking it easy tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Indu

Highly recommended this race. Nice way of starting the new year!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,685 ✭✭✭RunningKing

Haven't registered, can you do so on the day?

Just seen this.

- Entries on the day will be taken up to 60 minutes before race start
    - Team declarations on the day
    - Race numbers should be picked up on the day up to 60 minutes before race start

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Marthastew

Haven't registered, can you do so on the day?

I was planning on registering on the day as it says online closes on 28th but I managed to sign up last night, give it a go (Liffey valley website) and save yourself 7 euro.

Marthastew wrote: »

I was planning on registering on the day as it says online closes on 28th but I managed to sign up last night, give it a go (Liffey valley website) and save yourself 7 euro.

Thank you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Looks like there's going to be a strong westerly wind tomorrow, so it's going to be very tough coming over the Furze Rd (twice).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

menoscemo wrote: »
    Looks like there's going to be a strong westerly wind tomorrow, so it's going to be very tough coming over the Furze Rd (twice).

Christ, you're getting your excuses in early, meno! :D

Christ, you're getting your excuses in early, meno! :D

No, I just need to find a big lump to shelter behind on the furze. Looks like my plan to follow you have gone out the window ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭TRR

menoscemo wrote: »

I agreed to do this in a fit of madness today. Soooooooooo not looking forward to it now, have already had a few beers and have a feeling there will be a few more on top of all the Christmas excess and lack of training. Like meno I'm getting my excuses in early. One thing is for sure though, race wise things can only get better in 2013 after this one :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Can anyone suggest a good spot to park tomorrow for us culthie folk?:D

I'll be coming in off the Naas Road and will be there early enough...

blockic wrote: »
    Can anyone suggest a good spot to park tomorrow for us culthie folk?:D

I'll be coming in off the Naas Road and will be there early enough...

Just park anywhere in the phoenix park.

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭dechol

What time can you collect number? It's says up to an hour before but that seems like a lot of hanging around. If I went at eleven thirty would it be ok??

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭SnailsPace

dechol wrote: »
    What time can you collect number? It's says up to an hour before but that seems like a lot of hanging around. If I went at eleven thirty would it be ok??

Yes, but always a small risk.

Good race this morning, 19.33 for me officially, new PB on first day of the year. Great to meet blockic, career_move, RunningKing, davemcmahon and Younganne. Some great running done by boardsies.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,199 ✭✭✭ooter

Really enjoyed that,got a bit of a shock first time round when I passed the 4k post and checked my time,I thought there was still 4k left to run.:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭hollypink

Enjoyed this race, nice way to start the new year and everyone seemed in good spirits at the start line. I think I got a pb but I'm not confident I heard the girl with the laptop who was giving chip times correctly as it was much better than I expected so waiting for the results to go up on the website. As I passed the 4km marker on the first lap I confess I was wishing it really was 4k! Might have gone a little too fast at first.

Missed out on a PB by 2 seconds. Official time 19:29. (But still delighted!)

Not sure if it was the pints or the late night that held me back :-).
    Nice to meet so many Boardsies today, those TShirts are a good way to attract other boards members to you. Well done everyone on great racing for Jan 1st!

Great race, nice route and well organised.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

Enjoyed that today even if I did run a little harder than I intended. 18:18, despite throat infection and a lack of running this last 3 months (excuses excuses). I obviously missed the boardsie get together as I only chatted to Meno, Macanri, and the non racing golden couple :)!!
    hollypink wrote: »
    Enjoyed this race, nice way to start the new year and everyone seemed in good spirits at the start line. I think I got a pb but I'm not confident I heard the girl with the laptop who was giving chip times correctly as it was much better than I expected so waiting for the results to go up on the website. As I passed the 4km marker on the first lap I confess I was wishing it really was 4k! Might have gone a little too fast at first.

Results are online here for you to check for certain!!
    http://www.precisiontiming.net/result/racetimer?v=%252Fen%252Frace%252Fshow%252F1086%253Flayout%253Dprecision_timing

Advertisement