Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graph for set of ranges in excel

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭

Hi there
    I have some data in excel where the first column has some set frequencies and the second column is pulse widths at the frequencies e.g. below
    f pw
    i----
    100 i 10
    100 i 50
    100 i 100
    1000 i 50
    1000 i 100
    1000 i 500
    etc

as you can see the f numbers are the same for a certain set of pulse widths and some of the pw numbers overlap
    So basically I want to graph sets such that for 100f on the vertical axis there is a horizontal line across 10pw, 50pw and 100pw on the horizontal axis; for 1000f on the vertical axis there is a horizontal line across 50pw, 100pw and so on, so that I end up with a set of stepped horizontal bars

I am free to rearrange the data as it is quite a small data set, but I just cannot seem to get excel to produce what I want with a line graph... maybe Im using the wrong type? I have also tried flipping the axis to get vertical bars instead, but cannot get that to work either... :(
    any help much appreciated, Ta

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭wolf99

LOL stacked bars with first bar same colour as bg FTW

stackedBars.PNG

Advertisement