Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bone setter/Chiropractor

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭

Would anyone have the details of the bone setter Moss Lane in Cork...

Or will take recommendations for a good chiropractor/osteopath in cork...

I had a really good one before (but abroad) who was both chiro and osteo.

Have been to see 2 chiropractors in the limerick and both were charging quite high fees for the initial diagnosis and wanted up to 3 visits a week in follow up

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

cate3may, if you have something wrong, would you not go see a GP or at least a physio? It's your money, but personally, I wouldn't let a chiropractor near me. Letting someone manipulate your spine who has no professional obligations, no regulatory council, no basis in science? No thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭cate3may

pwurple wrote: »
    cate3may, if you have something wrong, would you not go see a GP or at least a physio? It's your money, but personally, I wouldn't let a chiropractor near me. Letting someone manipulate your spine who has no professional obligations, no regulatory council, no basis in science? No thanks.

Hi
    thanks for the message. A physio can't fix a bone problem. This is something that is recurring due to stress... my shoulder blade has moved... a GP will give me anti-inflammatories and tell me to wait it will go back itself...

A bonesetter I agree doesn't have any regulatory council, however qualified chiropractors and osteopaths do have their own council/association. To be honest I think bone setters can fix the immediate problem but a good osteopath will make sure it doesn't return...

The guy I went to in france was both, I went twice a year for the last 7 years and he was excellent. After I started seeing him as a result over his overall treatment (he treated the whole body as opposed to just one area) I stopped getting sinus infections and the horrendous period pain I had was reduced to about 20% of what it had been..... couldn't recommend him enough...

Each to their own I suppose.... for many reasons I have less faith in GPs for these sorts of problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

cate3may wrote: »
    Hi
    thanks for the message. A physio can't fix a bone problem. This is something that is recurring due to stress... my shoulder blade has moved... a GP will give me anti-inflammatories and tell me to wait it will go back itself...

A bonesetter I agree doesn't have any regulatory council, however qualified chiropractors and osteopaths do have their own council/association. To be honest I think bone setters can fix the immediate problem but a good osteopath will make sure it doesn't return...

The guy I went to in france was both, I went twice a year for the last 7 years and he was excellent. After I started seeing him as a result over his overall treatment (he treated the whole body as opposed to just one area) I stopped getting sinus infections and the horrendous period pain I had was reduced to about 20% of what it had been..... couldn't recommend him enough...

Each to their own I suppose.... for many reasons I have less faith in GPs for these sorts of problems.

Agreed....Doctors are too quick to hand out pain-killers etc..

All they do is mask the problem,,not fix it.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭jarmstrong001

Hi, I also am looking for Moss Lane such as his address. I have his house phone number which keeps diverting to his mobile number that is always turned off. Ive tried to ring him both day and night with no luck.

A friend recommended him, and I believe the nearest town to him is Mitcheltown. Apparently he isn't into making appointments, you just turn up on a Wednesday or Saturday. This is secondhand information though. I would like to confirm his address at the very least and when is best to turn up as I have over a 2 hour drive each way. What I'm looking for is his address and any information regarding this detail would be greatly appreciated.

thanks /J

Advertisement