Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage insurance

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭

We are paying €75 a month insurance on our mortgage but I was told this sounds like too much to pay. We owe €123,000 on out mortgage. Should I be paying this much?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,687 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Get some quotes from some brokers and compare it to what you are paying now?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

What kind of mortgage insurance? Life, serious illness, buildings, contents, payment protection?

p.s. At a minimum you'll need cover on the buildings and mortgage protection (decreasing term life assurance).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭Trish56

Are you referring to both Mortgage Protection and Home Insurance policies and I presume these are paid to the lender that you took out the mortgage with.
    You need to get details from whom you are paying the €75 to as to what exactly is covered and find out how many years is left on your mortgage. You can then get a mortgage protection quote. €75 per month looks very expensive but hard to say without further information such as date of birth, if single or joint/dual cover, if smokers and term outstanding on the mortgage.
    Trish

Advertisement