Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Football Team in Dundalk

Options
  • 12-11-2012 1:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi All,
    I have set up a senior football in Dundalk recently and we have found the going tough thus far. We are now beginning to train on a weekly basis to try and improve are fortunes.

Is there anyone here with coaching experience that be willing to help us train and guide us in the right direction?

We are also interested in signing some new players?

If interested post below and describe yourself!!

Thanks

Dingaan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭house45

whats the name of your team and where do you play??

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Dingaan

house45 wrote: »
    whats the name of your team and where do you play??

Hi House45,

I have sent you a pm with details about the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

Admittedly I have next to no experience in playing football, but I have always had an interest. I'd be interested in joining if you're stuck for numbers, just pm me the details

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,220 ✭✭✭20 Times 20 Times

Send me details also please.

• Advertisement

Little Pea wrote: »
    Send me details also please.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭conroym7

Fire the details my way too! :)

conroym7 wrote: »
    Fire the details my way too! :)

Done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭markc1184

Dingaan wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have set up a senior football in Dundalk recently and we have found the going tough thus far. We are now beginning to train on a weekly basis to try and improve are fortunes.

Is there anyone here with coaching experience that be willing to help us train and guide us in the right direction?

We are also interested in signing some new players?

If interested post below and describe yourself!!

Thanks

Dingaan

How often have you been training up to this point? Most teams I've played for have trained at least twice a week. I know that wont always be an option for some but if you want to be competitive then that would be were I'd start.

How do you set up your training? Going in and doing a few laps of a pitch and then just going straight into a kick about is useless. Make sure you are putting some other stuff in there, passing, fitness etc. Try to change it up every week so it isn't repetitive.

markc1184 wrote: »
    How often have you been training up to this point? Most teams I've played for have trained at least twice a week. I know that wont always be an option for some but if you want to be competitive then that would be were I'd start.

How do you set up your training? Going in and doing a few laps of a pitch and then just going straight into a kick about is useless. Make sure you are putting some other stuff in there, passing, fitness etc. Try to change it up every week so it isn't repetitive.

We have been training once a week for a few weeks now, and yes we do exactly what we shouldn’t do i.e. having a kick about.
    It would be hard to get everybody out more than once a week, but we need to start using the session more productively. We need to work on possession drills, positioning, off the ball movement, etc.
    Do you recommend any particular drills?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Dingaan wrote: »
    Do you recommend any particular drills?

I recommend you all join proper established clubs of which there are many in the Dundalk area. The town doesn't need another tin-pot, bag-of-jerseys outfit. That's what's wrong with football in Drogheda - too many fly-by-night teams and most of 'em languishing in the bottom of the MDL - rarely finishing their season before disappearing and then resurrecting a year or two later.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭Cpt Tremendous

I recommend you all join proper established clubs of which there are many in the Dundalk area. The town doesn't need another tin-pot, bag-of-jerseys outfit. That's what's wrong with football in Drogheda - too many fly-by-night teams and most of 'em languishing in the bottom of the MDL - rarely finishing their season before disappearing and then resurrecting a year or two later.

Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't we talking about the winter league here? Nothing wrong with a group of lads who want to get together and play some football for the craic at the weekends.

I do agree with you that there is a very high turnover ofnew teams every year in the Dundalk leagues. However, you shouldn’t tar all the new teams with the same brush. Every team had to start somewhere, and it does take time and hard work for a team to establish itself. Joining an established team isn’t always appropriate and feasible option.

Hi,
    I'm bumping the page in case anyone wants to have a trial with our team over the summer. We are playing several friendly matches, so if anyone is interested please send me a private message. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭MonkeyTennis

Hi,
    I'm bumping the page again in case anyone wants to have a trial with our team over the summer. We are playing several friendly matches, so if anyone is interested please send me a private message. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Dark and Long

Any chance this team is still going and looking for players?

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭the heathen

Any chance this team is still going and looking for players?

Have you played much football in the past? What sort of level player are you?

Advertisement