Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halfords and Axa Plus card issue

Options
  • 12-11-2012 2:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

Was looking for a small DVD player for the car for the child, saw one in halfords and reserved it online.
    The other half went in to collect it today but was told there was no discount on it when using the Axa Plus card.
    The t&c state
    "The AXA Insurance discount does not apply to Satellite Navigation systems or iPods."
    2 people in the shop both told her that it was "anything in the cabinets" that wasn't covered.
    I'll be going in myself later now but anyone shed any light here for me, am I within my rights to ask for the discount?
    Thanks
    Niall

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

niallam wrote: »
    Was looking for a small DVD player for the car for the child, saw one in halfords and reserved it online.
    The other half went in to collect it today but was told there was no discount on it when using the Axa Plus card.
    The t&c state
    "The AXA Insurance discount does not apply to Satellite Navigation systems or iPods."
    2 people in the shop both told her that it was "anything in the cabinets" that wasn't covered.
    I'll be going in myself later now but anyone shed any light here for me, am I within my rights to ask for the discount?
    Thanks
    Niall

Are the AXA discounts same as Groupscheme, according to the website In Car Technology is included. You can print that page and bring it to them if it's the same, or you can print a voucher and use it if it's also 10%, they might ask you for badge from work but any will do, lots of companies use the groupscheme for staff discounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭niallam

nava wrote: »

Are the AXA discounts same as Groupscheme, according to the website In Car Technology is included. You can print that page and bring it to them if it's the same, or you can print a voucher and use it if it's also 10%, they might ask you for badge from work but any will do, lots of companies use the groupscheme for staff discounts.

http://www.axaplus.ie/discounts.htm

I called the shop myself and got a different person to who my other half got on the 2 occasions and they said its ok to use for a DVD player/screen so maybe on what will be the 3rd visit to the shop I might get success. it'll end up costing the same on fuel as the saving I'd have made having to keep going back to the shop :)

Advertisement