Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rediscover the joy of a tinned S&K Pie !

Options
  • 12-11-2012 3:22pm
    Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭

Anyone still eat them ? They are lovely an odd time with boiled spuds and carrots. My mam used to cook them sometimes and I loved them.....Still do !!
    Try it once !

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I love these! We rarely have them but they are great for a lazy dinner. Last time I made one we had it with sprouts and roasted sweet potato. the contrast of flavours is lovely!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Where you take the top off with a tin opener?? If so they were a real treat when I was growing up even though my ma made and still makes a lovely fresh S+K pie, in the 80s convenience food just seemed to taste better, haven't had one in maybe 20 years and I'm pretty sure my wife would put it straight in the bin if I arrived home with one, I had crispy pancakes a few years ago and they were a huge dissapointment, filling practically non existent.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Dealz sell these last time I checked.. 1.49 a pop

• Site Banned Posts: 194 ✭✭andym1

xzanti wrote: »
    Dealz sell these last time I checked.. 1.49 a pop

I think Frey Bentos are best, Casserole brand not bad either !

Advertisement