Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electric gate motor

Options
  • 12-11-2012 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hi their. Just a quick question, what’s the average lifespan of a lightly used (few times a day) electric gate motor? Swing gates. Thanks Rebelden.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

It really depends on the brand you get .(quality ) you get what you pay for .
    DITEC , Faac, came and fadini will last you a life time if looked after and serviced at least once a year . I don't know between 230v and 24v systems as to which gives less trouble .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

It really depends on the brand you get .(quality ) you get what you pay for .
    DITEC , Faac, came and fadini will last you a life time if looked after and serviced at least once a year . I don't know between 230v and 24v systems as to which gives less trouble .

Depends on other conditions too - weight and type of gate, conditions of work, maintenance etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Gate Automation

I don't know between 230v and 24v systems as to which gives less trouble .

Life time is the same, low voltage motor have higher duty cycle (80%) and should be used to lighter gates.

Advertisement