Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crunchyroll 48 hour all access guest passes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,553 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Took the first one, sadly Flash is not being my friend today so can't get any videos going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Crunchy roll eh? Ill pass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

Do they even have any anime you can watch from Ireland?
    Last time I checked they hated us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Can someone explain this thread to me? Someone has questioned the legality of what it's doing and even if it's legit I'm still thinking 'SPAM'. I'm not following the links and registering just to find out.

Is this all above board?

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,807 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

OldGoat wrote: »
    Can someone explain this thread to me? Someone has questioned the legality of what it's doing and even if it's legit I'm still thinking 'SPAM'. I'm not following the links and registering just to find out.

Is this all above board?

Crunchyroll is completely legit - it's one of the few legal anime streaming sites. I can't say I've seen guest passes before, but following the link just leads to the crunchyroll site so it all seems perfectly fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,637 ✭✭✭✭OldGoat

Cheers Jonny, appricate that. I'll leave it open then.

I'm older than Minecraft goats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Crunchyroll goves each Premium member a 48 hour guest pass each month of membership, have 3 or so knocking round myself.

As for CR itself, very good service. Has a nice catalogue but yeah, we have missed out on a few here in Ireland but there is still dozens of shows listed. Has options up to 1080p for shows that support but Im on Eircom so pouring a tin of custard into my computer would get me a stable stream speed before it does :rolleyes:

Far as I can tell its a legit site, in terms of licensing the shows. Does mean they have a lot of recent stuff but anything before about 2009 or so is few and far between as they are only a few years old.

List of the available shows HERE.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Far as I can tell its a legit site

Yep, it's all above board. It used to host a lot of illegal fansubs but now they get the legal distribution rights from the publishers. That's why some content isn't available here - it's not licensed for Ireland :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,855 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Can you pay for a yearly sub in advance instead of paying per month?Is it worth?and there's english dubs for shows ya?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Not seen a year payment option. Dont think there is any dubbed shows, every one I have watched has been English subs so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60 ✭✭xtinataguba

i love crunchyroll. unlimited anime. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Can you pay for a yearly sub in advance instead of paying per month?Is it worth?

I saw once in their daily deal section that they were selling a year's subscription for a limited time, so it might be a thing that they only do once in a while. Most online models seem to go with the monthly option, though.

You could always email them and ask if they'd give you anything off for paying for a year in advance or if they're planning on bringing that promotion back.

In my opinion you'd have to be a pretty heavy user to warrant paying for it, though. Paying a subscription doesn't get you access to the shows that are unlicensed here and I'm not sure if you get access to that many more shows than you get for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Art_Wolf

Becoming a subscriber does not gave you access to more shows - it allows you to watch them the same day of release as Japan, no adverts and the ability to stream HD.

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Chris IWS

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Not seen a year payment option. Dont think there is any dubbed shows, every one I have watched has been English subs so far.

Ask and ye shall receive.

http://www.crunchyroll.com/deals/12-month-crunchyroll-all-access-membership-1747/?src=woot_email

Looks like a Black Friday deal only though, so be fast if you want it. :edit: Scratch that, looks like it's available all weekend. :edit:

Pretty much all episodes you can access are subbed, as they're licenced direct from Japan. Any English dubs are licenced separately from the American distributors, and so aren't available here.

Advertisement