Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

10.2 " Tablet

Options

Comments

Resistive touchscreen. AVOID!

Have a look here and see if anything tickles your fancy. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jinkybhoy

what are these like? Know absolutely nuffink about them!!

I need a tablet for my son - want to be able to play angry bird type apps, learning stuff ie maths etc and watch .avi files - suggestions? thanks

I have this one, and i will do all of those just fine. :)

Have you had it long?

Since the summer

• Advertisement

I'm just a bit wary with a make that i've never heard of!!

If you're going down the budget route you're probably not going to find a brand you recognize!

But Eken are a well known brand in China.

Oh - No I understand that - I don't expect to get an Apple Ipad for my money!!:)

I just want a responsive tablet that my 6 year old can use, where I can transfer apps onto that I download onto my PC ( I can get free apps) and that I can get onto facebook and i can load .avi file movies for him to watch on long drives.

How is the screen on them ? responsive?

Thanks for the help by the way - I appreciate it.

Hi,

Yes I find the screen very responsive. The resolution isn't as good as say the Nexus 7 but it's still perfectly fine, especially for a 6 year old!

And yes it can do everything else you ask. :)

Thanks for advice - I've had a look and seriously considering it - ill be buying in next few days - just have to get the cash together.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,601 ✭✭✭✭kippy

That's not a 10 inch though.
    Not sure if the OP is specifically after a 10 inch but he does ask for it in the post.

OP
    I've seen a few of these around and they look very good for the money.
    http://www.dinodirect.com/9-7-tablet-pc-pc-android-4-0-tablet-pc-tablet-computer-pc-tablet-wifi-tablet-pc-laptop-andrid-console-currency-EUR.html?AdAnalytics=111|00220010|464266|2|0

But he/she also mentioned that it's for a 6 year old, and I think a 10 inch tablet is far too big/heavy for that age.

But he/she also mentioned that it's for a 6 year old, which I think personally is far too big/heavy for that age.

Yeah, that's a fair point.
    The one you've linked to looks to be a bit more "solid" as well. Might take a bit more abuse.
    I've seen you link to that one in the past and I have recommended it to those who wanted a smaller screen/spend less money.

I've seen Smyths have a couple of "Kiddie" tablets but don't know that much about them as yet.
    Perhaps these may be more appropriate for a child?
    Although personally I'd rather spend less money and get a more functional one.

kippy wrote: »
    Yeah, that's a fair point.
    The one you've linked to looks to be a bit more "solid" as well. Might take a bit more abuse.
    I've seen you link to that one in the past and I have recommended it to those who wanted a smaller screen/spend less money.

I've seen Smyths have a couple of "Kiddie" tablets but don't know that much about them as yet.
    Perhaps these may be more appropriate for a child?
    Although personally I'd rather spend less money and get a more functional one.

Ive looked at the kiddie tablets and I think i'd be better going for a real tablet - easier to download free apps etc From what I can see the kiddy ones you need to buy from their online stores - I'm not an expert but it's just what ive been reading in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭rickmoister

Thanks Aristotle I am looking for a 10" found this one at soundstore is it worth the money? there is another one here or this one which would you recommend thanks in advance

Lads,
    Do any of the tablets mention so far work with a meteor sim card or a meteor dongle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭RUCKING FETARD

kippy wrote: »
    Lads,
    Do any of the tablets mention so far work with a meteor sim card or a meteor dongle?
    Curious as to the dongle part myself...

To use with a sim you're looking for a 3G (cellular) Tab anyway...using your phone as a Hotspot is an alternative/option...

Edit:Some can use dongles.

Advertisement