Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mounting controls to bars

• 12-11-2012 4:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, im just seeing if anyone has some ideas for this.

I got some adjustable clipons. The bars have no notches in the for the controls to mount and stay in place. If they did then the bars wouldnt be very adjustable.

So issue is how in the fook do i mount my controls to the bars without them just spinning?

One lad has said that he wrapped electrical tape 2 - 3 times around the bar where he was going to clamp on a control and it held.

Has anyone here any other ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Go into the pound shops and get them pads for the dashboard in cages that stop sunglasses slipping off etc. Cut to size and wrap around, if you extra paranoid use super glue 1st (you can buy the bottle with a brush instead of the tube) and mount it that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭goodlad

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Go into the pound shops and get them pads for the dashboard in cages that stop sunglasses slipping off etc. Cut to size and wrap around, if you extra paranoid use super glue 1st (you can buy the bottle with a brush instead of the tube) and mount it that way.

Cracking idea! I was thinking to myself a minute ago if i could just get some rubber strips and wrap them around then mount the controls.

My ****e am i drilling the bew bars anyways. I will just break the pins off the controls and then get them tightened up onto the trips. Those pads for the dash will do the trick nicely.

Its not like the controls get much pressure put on them anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Nah jaysus dont go drilling man......

Wonda-Boy wrote: »
    Nah jaysus dont go drilling man......

Ah it wont be drilled. Gonna just put tape or rubber under the controls.
    Will grab a black universal mirror mount aswell to hold the fluid container as the apex bar isnt drilled out for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

If I was doing it, I would drill them. Its neat, doesn't take long and is permanent, and you don't have to go mad tightening the controls in the hope they stop spinning. Tape will turn to tat after a few months

• Advertisement

If I was doing it, I would drill them. Its neat, doesn't take long and is permanent, and you don't have to go mad tightening the controls in the hope they stop spinning. Tape will turn to tat after a few months

I defo see where yo uare coming from man but drilling isnt an option. It will mean i cant adjust them again if i want to. I need to put o nthe controls in a way that i can move them if i want to adjust the bard again.

The apex stuff adjusts all over the place. Drilling them would make the entire concept of adjustable clipons pointless.

I think im gonna go with some thin strips of rubber cut to size and tighten the controls onto them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 873 ✭✭✭spiggotpaddy

Yeah okay, I thought that once you had them in a position that suits you, then you wouldn't need to adjust them again.

Yeah okay, I thought that once you had them in a position that suits you, then you wouldn't need to adjust them again.

Yeah man if that was the case i would drill them no bother.
    They only take a few minutes to adjust anytime so i can change from upsight to leaning more forward in about 5 minutes. I wouldnt want to lose that option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34 YCHGTBOY

Don't use PVC electrical tape...ask for AMALGAMATING TAPE at your friendly motor factors http://www.satcure.co.uk/tech/self_amalg.htm

Advertisement