Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IBT Course Dublin

• 12-11-2012 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi guys

Im looking to do my Initial Basic Training for a motorcycle. I have looked around and the cheapest i could do it for is €450 in tallaght. If however someone (anyone) is also looking to do theyre IBT course, we could do it cheaper together for about €300 each.

Also if anyone knows where to get it done cheaper again, that would be of great use to me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Moved to Motorbikes

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hughjazz

also anyone know of any cheap motorcycle insurance providers, or which are the better ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Pipz

Check out www.aaronridertraining.com for your IBT. He's always the first I recommend because I had such a good experience while doing my own IBT with him.

Insurance is so variable that it's almost impossible for someone to guess what it could cost you, but I find that Liberty seem to be doing good prices for young people atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinkildare

I can highly recommend Paul Dobbins who trains through Leinster Driving Campus. PM me for his number if you like. THink I paid 425 euro. Sound bloke and great facilities in the campus where you have fake traffic lights, roundabout etc....

Eoin

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Hughjazz

Hey guys

I finally did my IBT course. I did it with a guy called Aidan Sheehan. He is a registered IBT course instructor who i found listed on www.rsa.ie. He also has his own website which is www.ridercoach.ie. I shopped around for at least 2 weeks looking for who gives the best overall training and value for money. I am a student and i wanted to get the best value for money without skimping on safety. Aidan provided just that. I payed €400 for the whole course, this included all the personal protective equipment provided by Aidan, a 2008 honda cbf250 also provided by Aidan with insurance, he can also collect you if you have no rider experience. I had my own bike but i used the bike provided first as most insurance companies wont insure you on your own bike until you have the IBT course done. What i liked most about the course was the fact that Aidan is a decent guy, he was more than capable of answering all and any questions i had, he is from Dublin so he knows where all hazards could arise and that he is very sociable, by this i meen he is very easy to get on with but he will also tell you straight away if your doing something wrong or what you need to improve on.

I have to say all in all it was a great experience i wont forget. Plus he threw in a rider assessment for free which has lowered my insurance by at least 20% which was a massive bonus.

If your looking to do your IBT definetly check him out, you would be stupid not too.

Hughie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

Just completed my IBT course on a bmw 650 with Michael Ganly http://msa-ireland.com/

Top bloke, great instructor and practical.

If you are serious about biking and where you want to go with it, go ugly/go early and get yourself decent gear. I got a very good deal on trousers/jacket/boots/gloves/shark helmet from a crowd not far from the wakinstown roundabout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cojomo2

Bearcat wrote: »
    Just completed my IBT course on a bmw 650 with Michael Ganly http://msa-ireland.com/

Top bloke, great instructor and practical.

If you are serious about biking and where you want to go with it, go ugly/go early and get yourself decent gear. I got a very good deal on trousers/jacket/boots/gloves/shark helmet from a crowd not far from the wakinstown roundabout.
    How much was it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

cojomo2 wrote: »
    How much was it?

5....(extra euro,for a decent bike I suppose.)

No drama, no nothing just practicality......

• Registered Users Posts: 31 TTDublin

cojomo2 wrote: »
    How much was it?

Did mine with Irish motorcycle training sound guy, really knows his stuff...
    www.irishmotorcycletraining.com

Advertisement