Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

recommend wireless broadband on the northside?

Options
  • 12-11-2012 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭

Hi, could anyone recommend a good quality wireless broadband service in the ballyvolane area? moving house and the house is to far from the exchange for the regular broadband via cable to be any good. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭MrFrisp

spokesman wrote: »
    Hi, could anyone recommend a good quality wireless broadband service in the ballyvolane area? moving house and the house is to far from the exchange for the regular broadband via cable to be any good. Thanks.

Imagine are doing a good deal at the moment...Half-price for the first 12 months.
    We're with IrishBroadband who are part of the Imagine group for 6 years or so now,and only ever had 2 small problems with them.

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_bundles.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

If you pm me where in exactly Ballyvolane you are I might be able to help you out.

54kroc wrote: »
    If you pm me where in exactly Ballyvolane you are I might be able to help you out.

Do you have alternatives??

Are they a better deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

nova networks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,376 ✭✭✭54kroc

MrFrisp wrote: »
    Do you have alternatives??

Are they a better deal?

Sorry MrFrisp I didn't mean to say there was anything wrong with your recommendation my post was meant for the op, I forgot to quote their post.
    Depending on their location I might have an option for them.

• Advertisement

54kroc wrote: »
    Sorry MrFrisp I didn't mean to say there was anything wrong with your recommendation my post was meant for the op, I forgot to quote their post.
    Depending on their location I might have an option for them.

Ah no..I understood what you meant.
    I was asking about the other options,as We might be looking to change if We got a better offer.

We're in the Wilton/Togher/Lehenaghmore area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

Voda are pretty good. But FFS DON'T use the crap router they send. It's a nightmare!!

Voda are pretty good. But FFS DON'T use the crap router they send. It's a nightmare!!

Not an option for Us anyway...

Thankfully We don't have a phone line...And We don't have access to UPC either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We use vodafone 3g with the wireless router and it is a pain in the backside. Vodafone told me the 3g stick was 'tied' to the router and wouldn't work in a normal wireless router. Was this a pack o lies then?

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

Imagine are doing a good deal at the moment...Half-price for the first 12 months.
    We're with IrishBroadband who are part of the Imagine group for 6 years or so now,and only ever had 2 small problems with them.

http://www.imagine.ie/wimax_bundles.html

Hi apologies for late reply. I rang Irish broadband/imagine. .and they told me they don't provide in cork city and that they are looking for a site for next January. That's what sales told me.

• Advertisement

spokesman wrote: »
    Hi apologies for late reply. I rang Irish broadband/imagine. .and they told me they don't provide in cork city and that they are looking for a site for next January. That's what sales told me.

Ehhhh...But I'm with Irish broadband/Imagine.. We are with them for the last few years.

And I'm on the Southside of Cork,towards Wilton.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭spokesman

Ehhhh...But I'm with Irish broadband/Imagine.. We are with them for the last few years.

And I'm on the Southside of Cork,towards Wilton.

ill ring again and mention what you said, ill let you know, thanks for reply.

Advertisement