Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gonna buy an iPad.

• 12-11-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭

Decided to treat myself, but have yet to decide to go for a refurb 3 or a 4. Probably a 3 given the price difference.

Anyways, what I'm wondering is if it's worth my while getting an ATV to sync to the telly and stuff? Is the whole Airplay thing a bit of a fad, or would you use it everyday? Also, is there a file browser on the ATV that would allow me to watch films from a netwrk hdd (obviously mp4 dependant).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

You can add all your media to itunes (on your computer) and stream to the ipad and apple tv. There is no 'file browser' If the media is mp4 steaming everything from itunes works pretty well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

Soarer wrote: »
    Is the whole Airplay thing a bit of a fad, or would you use it everyday?

Between AerTv, FilmOn and XBMC we are pretty well covered. No need for UPC or Sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Mr Whirly wrote: »
    Between AerTv, FilmOn and XBMC we are pretty well covered. No need for UPC or Sky.

So it's possible to jailbreak (or whatever) the ATV? Maybe I should just use Google?:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

possible with ATV & ATV2 on certain firmware, the ATV3 has yet to be successful :(

might be worth waiting a few days before purchasing.
    apple usually give a discount of some description on Black Friday
    (in 10 days time)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭BArra

dont hold your breath for anything more than a tenner discount and it probably wont even include a discount on ipads

last years discounts on macrumors.com
    fingers crossed, but as BArra said, the new new iPad is very new so they might not discount that.

Advertisement