Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game.co.uk issues.

Options
  • 12-11-2012 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭

Hi there,
    Just wanted to alert people to how full of s**t Game are. I recently pre ordered Halo 4 limited edition off them. The reason why I decided to go with them was because they had a certain exclusive offer which in the end turned out to not be exclusive and I could have gotten it anywhere but I'm not even getting into that. For those who don't know, online game pre orders are dispatched beforehand to ideally get to the customer on release date and they often actually arrive earlier (otherwise people would just get it in the shop and wouldn't bother). I ordered it through standard untracked mail with a 3-5 estimate.
    I ordered it on Monday the 29th, the order was for 86 euro. The money was taken off my card on Wednesday the 31st and I got an e-mail on Thursday the 1st saying it was dispatched. So I thought I'd surely get it by the sixth seeing as it's only coming from the UK (I live in Dublin). I still hasn't come. I was getting more and more frustrated throughout the week waiting around. Today it still hadn't arrived and I've received no "Failure to deliver" notice. I got onto An Post and they told me that it definitely should have arrived by now, there was no record of it at the sorting office. When I told him that Game have a 45 day rule for accepting lost claims he actually laughed at me!
    I got onto Game and then gave me the same old s**t and told me there was nothing they could do until 45 days had passed. By the way, they don't have a phone number and you have to contact them through web chat which is really impersonal and it's easy to ignore you.
    The guy then told me that it was actually a Royal Mail policy that set it at 45 days and I thought that was fair enough. So I rang Royal Mail. They said it was 20 working days before a claim can be filed and this includes Saturdays. I then got back to your man and called him out on his lies and he just said "that's the policy they have with us" and then actually disconnected me.

Needless to say, REALLY pissed off. Woeful customer service and nobody should ever order from them.

By the way, the product is a limited edition. Meaning that Microsoft are only making a limited amount of copies and these have already sold out. So even if they decided to refund me I couldn't go out and buy another one. And if I waited the 45 days they want me to they wouldn't be able to send me another one anyway!! So the most I can hope for is sometime in January to get my money back.

Any suggestions? Anyone else as appalled at this as I am?
    Sorry for the long post. Just irritated and wanted to rant.

Cheers!

Advertisement