Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Odd outage in Wexford

Options
  • 12-11-2012 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭

Phone system not connecting via area codes, but will work with a local non-area coded number. And on those numbers the ring tone (ie the tone you hear while the phone is ringing out at the other end) is the international style single long tone. Same for the neighbours, but not sure how widespread. Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Wexfordian wrote: »
    Phone system not connecting via area codes, but will work with a local non-area coded number. And on those numbers the ring tone (ie the tone you hear while the phone is ringing out at the other end) is the international style single long tone. Same for the neighbours, but not sure how widespread. Anyone any ideas?

Hi Wexfordian
    may be issue with exchange?? Can you PM me your tel number and I can have this checked for you.
    Tony

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Wexfordian

Thanks Tony, but it was fixed during the morning. Apparently the link between the exchange and a mast (?) was lost.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Wexfordian wrote: »
    Thanks Tony, but it was fixed during the morning. Apparently the link between the exchange and a mast (?) was lost.

Thanks for getting back Wexfordian,
    Yes that makes sense, may be a radio link to mast...
    Let me know id any further issue there.
    Tony

Advertisement