Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wanted: Fiberglass insulation

• 12-11-2012 5:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where i can buy some 100mm rolls for some resonable price, im in dublin but dont mind a bit of travel if resonsable.
    I seen it in B&Q for €9.80 two weeks ago but hadn't room to bring it home, went in a few days later and it was €15.95 per roll then today €29 per roll (3 for 2 offer though...) but still a bloody big jump, i know its the cold season and all but hey....
    So anyone with a price of <€15 per roll per chance?
    Thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭homer911

What sort of SQ metre is that?

Brooks usually have good offers but I'm not sure if this is value or not (or indeed if it includes VAT)

http://www.brooksgroup.ie/2012/11/winter-is-on-the-way/

You should also compare the U value (?) which indicates its efficiency rating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 782 ✭✭✭gibo_ie

thanks for this, it works out about the same as B&Q, i think it should be available cheaper.... only looking for 5 or 6 rolls...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

gibo_ie wrote: »
    Anyone know where i can buy some 100mm rolls for some resonable price, im in dublin but dont mind a bit of travel if resonsable.
    I seen it in B&Q for €9.80 two weeks ago but hadn't room to bring it home, went in a few days later and it was €15.95 per roll then today €29 per roll (3 for 2 offer though...) but still a bloody big jump, i know its the cold season and all but hey....
    So anyone with a price of <€15 per roll per chance?
    Thanks,

Its in B&Q Airside for 16 euro a roll.

100mm Knauf eko Insulation.

200mm is 21 euro.

paddy147 wrote: »

Its in B&Q Airside for 16 euro a roll.

100mm Knauf eko Insulation.

200mm is 21 euro.
    Not yesterday or today...€29 and 3 for 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

gibo_ie wrote: »
    Not yesterday or today...€29 and 3 for 2...

As Paddy said in b&q tallaght on Sunday.100mm was cheaper.

But I wouldn't be surprised if they upped it.

• Advertisement

i tried both Airside and Liffey Valley today, will try Tallaght tomorrow perhaps :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Villaines

Go up north!
    The govt. should have put the grant subsidy into the materials rather than the installers who just up their price to absorb the grant. Idiot politicians.

Any ideas where Villaines? ive checked B&Q newry and its not far off prices here :(

Advertisement