Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 pin/3 pin adapters

Options
  • 12-11-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Hi,

PC came today with an 3 pin adapter for monitor with 2 pins inserted and third pin missing. Should I have been sent another pin to put in?
    PC is the same with a warning of 230V only at the power supply
    No mention of what to do in the instructions.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Hi,

PC came today with an 3 pin adapter for monitor with 2 pins inserted and third pin missing. Should I have been sent another pin to put in?
    PC is the same with a warning of 230V only at the power supply
    No mention of what to do in the instructions.

Help appreciated.

Thanks

Do you mean the power cable has two pins instead of the three-i.e. you got one of these:

EU-Power-Cord.jpg

instead of this?

UKMainsLead.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rorster_123

Yep exactly it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Ok, three options:

1) Buy a new kettle lead(name given to the standard power connection for PSU's and most monitors/monitor power supplies) with a standard 13A type plug attached;

2) Buy an adapter like this one;

3) You could also push the top vertical (earth) pin in of your wall mounted socket/extension lead with a screwdriver, and force the two round prongs into the two horizontal slots. I strongly advise option 1 or 2 BTW...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

dont spend any more than a fiver on the lead. ive seen them going for €20 :shock:

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭U_Fig

Of you have a recycling enter near you ask them. I was given 5 one day from my local recycling centre after i asked from people giving in old appliances..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Rorster_123

Got it in the hardware yesterday.

Thanks for the help

Advertisement