Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phoenix Park Concerts 2013

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Should've gotten Johnny Logan to keep with the 'J' theme.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,684 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Is there any news on the times for the Sunday night?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭timbertime

Anyone else buy tickets for Mumford on Sunday from music glue? Do ye have any idea where their box office will be to collect them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,626 ✭✭✭timmywex

Stage Times

Gates 6pm.
    James Arthur 6.30pm
    The Coronas. 7.30pm
    Timberlake. 8.30pm

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

i think its funny how he only managed to shift 14,000 tickets out of the 50,000 that were available for the public, should have just done an o2 date :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Advertisement

This was The Killers setlist for Wembley in June, apparently it will be going to dvd: -
    Enterlude
    When You Were Young
    Spaceman
    The Way It Was
    Smile Like You Mean It
    This River Is Wild
    Bling (Confession of a King)
    Shadowplay
    (Joy Division cover)
    Miss Atomic Bomb
    Human
    Somebody Told Me
    I Think We're Alone Now
    (Tommy James & the Shondells cover)
    Here With Me
    For Reasons Unknown
    From Here On Out
    A Dustland Fairytale
    Wembley Song
    (New song written for the show, live debut)
    Read My Mind
    Runaways
    All These Things That I've Done
    Encore:
    Flesh and Bone
    (Happy Birthday was sang to … more)
    Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
    Battle Born
    Mr. Brightside

Excited!!!! Enjoy everyone :)

could have put fcukin spoilers on that :rolleyes:

A V A wrote: »
    could have put fcukin spoilers on that :rolleyes:

Me?

no gary glitter:rolleyes:

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭DC10555

A V A wrote: »
    i think its funny how he only managed to shift 14,000 tickets out of the 50,000 that were available for the public, should have just done an o2 date :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Is this confirmed? I was expecting low numbers alright given the ticket price was higher than the others but I was thinking at least 25-30K.. On the plus side this is ideal for any hardcore JT fans, nice large venue with plenty of space, not walking over each other and this beautiful weather to boot! seems like a good deal lol

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭sabrewulf

And Jessie J pulled out another time. Nice streak, Miss J: 3 cancelations in a row! Oxegen 2011, Dublin early 2013 and Dublin Summer 2013. I also remember her posting after canceling Oxegen last minute: "I will be defo back next year (to be 2012) to make it up to you."
    So much fail! :(
    So, I reckon her Fall 2013 show will be canceled as well? I have lost interest now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 MatthewMonster

I really hope the Wembley gig is put on a DVD, it looks so good! ^_^

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Santi101

Any ideas for parking on the Saturday, will be coming up from the Midlands(passing Heuston on the way in) earlyish on the Saturday spend the day up there before heading to Pheonix Park.

Preferably close to the quays for convenience getting out?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Anyone know if you can get a beer inside on sunday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

Anyone know if you can get a beer inside on sunday?

There were bars tonight at Justin Timberlake anyway. Great show tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭123 LC

Is Phoenix Park a long walk from the city, lets say from O Connell's Street? Also how far is Heuston walking from O Connell's Street? also what part of the park is the concert in? (can you tell I've been to Dublin about twice? :P)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,574 ✭✭✭whirlpool

123 LC wrote: »
    Is Phoenix Park a long walk from the city, lets say from O Connell's Street? Also how far is Heuston walking from O Connell's Street? also what part of the park is the concert in? (can you tell I've been to Dublin about twice? :P)

http://goo.gl/maps/BGw2u

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭srm23

123 LC wrote: »

I got the luas to Hueston today and then it was 30 mins plus walk from there up into the park, a straight walk up from the entrance beside Hueston.

obviously then an hour plus from o'connell street, but don't know why you would opt not to take a luas.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭Celtise

How was the security presence for it last night? Feel like I've been hearing nothing else than about the security arrangements on the radio the last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭ffocused

Santi101 wrote: »
    Any ideas for parking on the Saturday, will be coming up from the Midlands(passing Heuston on the way in) earlyish on the Saturday spend the day up there before heading to Pheonix Park.

Preferably close to the quays for convenience getting out?

Cheers.

Ushers Quay car park is probably your best bet. Open 24hrs & walking distance from the park & city centre. Only costs €4 for the day on weekends too.

Question for anyone who went last night, is the ground any way muddy on the site?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭davywalsh7

What wer the ques lik there last night? Did they have that metal detector thing set up lik they have recently?

• Registered Users Posts: 926 ✭✭✭Qprmeath

ffocused wrote: »
    Ushers Quay car park is probably your best bet. Open 24hrs & walking distance from the park & city centre. Only costs €4 for the day on weekends too.

Question for anyone who went last night, is the ground any way muddy on the site?

Not there last night but would be amazed if the ground was muddy after recent weather conditions?

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Anniebell

Celtise wrote: »
    How was the security presence for it last night? Feel like I've been hearing nothing else than about the security arrangements on the radio the last week.

On the way in there seemed to be lots of security people standing around, keeping an eye out for anyone who looked like they were a bit drunk. I overhead one guy telling another just to "not let anyone past that looks a bit drunk".

Pity there weren't any security in the crowd to fish out the people that were hammered while the concert was on. We seemed to be stuck in the middle of loads of different groups of people falling all over the place, taking photos of themselves while the show was on (why???!!!) and swinging around their two drinks in each hand, not giving a crap about the people trying to watch the show beside them.

Rant over.

Great gig, JT was in great form & put on a fab show but I can honestly say unless Freddie Mercury comes back from the dead to do a queen gig there, I will never go to the Phoenix Park again for a concert.

Why there was no pit area or some attempt at barriering off the areas I don't know. For the amount of people there, I can't understand why there were no security personnel among the crowd either.

Fingers crossed for a smaller venue for JT next time!

davywalsh7 wrote: »
    What wer the ques lik there last night? Did they have that metal detector thing set up lik they have recently?

I didn't notice any metal detectors when walking in last night.

I'd say the entrance to the gig is about 1 and a half miles up from the entrance at Park Gate Street. I don't know where the entrance was for RW but it probably wasn't too far off where this one is so I'd say you're in for the same trek this time.

If you look at Google maps, if you draw a line between where it says American Ambassadors residence and Glide Tours Phoenix Park, where that line hits Chesterfield Avenue is roughly where the entrance is, give or take a couple of minutes either side.

Sorry only seeing this now. My notifications weren't on for this thread so I forgot I posted here.

Yep, it's a long walk from Park Gate Street entrance. We were told 15 minutes but it was at least 25/30 on the way in and longer on the way out obviously.

Qprmeath wrote: »
    Not there last night but would be amazed if the ground was muddy after recent weather conditions?

Not muddy at all, just very long grass!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

Did anybody at the Justin gig witness this?

http://www.broadsheet.ie/2013/07/11/this-justin-3/?fb_source=pubv1

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Inishowen lady

did anyone at last nights gig notice if Castleknock or Ashtown gates were open? Last year was an accident waiting to happen with hoardes of people pushing through the turnstile at Hole in the Wall.

• Advertisement

JJ wrote: »

I was walking up towards chapelizod so didn't see it up close but you could see piles of people shouting and roaring and not moving so I guess this is why.

There were a good few people who had fallen on the walk out of the park, hard to tell if it was the darkness, sky high heels or just too much beer as the cause but the lack of lighting was ridiculous and everyone near us commented on it.

I was originally heading back into town but I'm so glad I changed my mind after seeing the crowds of people at the bridge at Heuston going nowhere fast.

Advertisement